RDL Profile pics...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RDL Profile pics...

RDL Profile pics...

Now that we can upload photos, does anyone with a Russell have a profile pic of the bike on its centerstand? I'd like to get an idea of the of the average height of the seat and it's hard to find a pic of the whole bike with one from just the profile angle. (I'd also just like to get a visual of it to see what it looks like from that angle.)

Jason

The problem might be that each seat is built to the riders height and weight after they send pictures to Russell. I purchased a Russell from a forum member and once installed, it was too high. I sold it and ordered mine from Russell and specified that it not be higher than the stock seat. It was perfect when I gave it the first ride. I can measure mine on the centerstand and post the height for you in the am.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    The problem might be that each seat is built to the riders height and weight after they send pictures to Russell. I purchased a Russell from a forum member and once installed, it was too high. I sold it and ordered mine from Russell and specified that it not be higher than the stock seat. It was perfect when I gave it the first ride. I can measure mine on the centerstand and post the height for you in the am.
    I appreciate the response, Walcrow, and I was kinda figuring that. But I bet, for most riders, the seat height will only vary by a couple of inches, and if I get a few responses, then I can probably get an average idea of, at least, the look. Thanks again

Jason

Lighting is not the greatest but here you go. I'm 5,11 205 lbs. and this was tailored to those specs.

Here is a video I did with the actual measurements to the seat on the centerstand.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjcwAXq3Uq8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Thanks, taxfree. Adds a little bit of thickness to the look, but still looks good.

Jason

Great vid taxfree!
    Just to point out RDL uses / makes their own patented foam from a foam machine they built. It memorizes your butt after a few hundred miles. Like Tax free said, you ride in a nice comfy pocket.
    My third RDL was shipped out today. It's on a Corbin pan & back rest which is part of the Corbin Smuggler Trunk. Be great to see how it looks.
    In 2012, I rode for 9 hours on my Suzuki V-Strom, 7 hours in the pouring rain. Got off stood up straight, walked w/o a bit of pain, felt great the next day. I was 69yo @ the time.
    RDL is the smartest money you'll spent on your bike. 2nd smartest $$ is Heili bars. You have to get a build date from Jay, send in photos of your different seated riding positions and several other body measurements on their form answer a few riding questions. Check it out on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Great vid taxfree!
    Just to point out RDL uses / makes their own patented foam from a foam machine they built. It memorizes your butt after a few hundred miles. Like Tax free said, you ride in a nice comfy pocket.
    My third RDL was shipped out today. It's on a Corbin pan & back rest which is part of the Corbin Smuggler Trunk. Be great to see how it looks.
    In 2012, I rode for 9 hours on my Suzuki V-Strom, 7 hours in the pouring rain. Got off stood up straight, walked w/o a bit of pain, felt great the next day. I was 69yo @ the time.
    RDL is the smartest money you'll spent on your bike. 2nd smartest $$ is Heili bars. You have to get a build date from Jay, send in photos of your different seated riding positions and several other body measurements on their form answer a few riding questions. Check it out on their site.
    The FOAMINATOR strikes again
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I got my Russel in December and have to say its very comfortable saddle wise. That being said, I had to send it back because it moved me too far away from the bars which resulted in me stretching for the bars and getting pain in my back and neck. I have Helibars installed and they are as far back as I can get them. I got it installed again last week and went for a short ride after they moved the seat pocket forward about an inch and a half to two inches. The bars are still a little too far forward for me while trying to utilize the back rest. I need a very relaxed riding position due to back and neck problems. Last night I installed a set of bar risers under my helibars to get them a little closer. I am hoping to put on about 200 miles on Sunday to see how it does. I think the main problem I have is the position of the backrest. I placed a spacer of about 1.5" in between the rear seat and the slide for the backrest which made it a good bit more comfortable just siting on it in my shop. We shall see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The FOAMINATOR strikes again
    Yep, I remember when they got the new molds and FOAMINATOR working. My ass was soooo happy. I'm on my 9th RDL with my first made in 1979 at their old Santa Barbara factory.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I got my Russel in December and have to say its very comfortable saddle wise. That being said, I had to send it back because it moved me too far away from the bars which resulted in me stretching for the bars and getting pain in my back and neck. I have Helibars installed and they are as far back as I can get them. I got it installed again last week and went for a short ride after they moved the seat pocket forward about an inch and a half to two inches. The bars are still a little too far forward for me while trying to utilize the back rest. I need a very relaxed riding position due to back and neck problems. Last night I installed a set of bar risers under my helibars to get them a little closer. I am hoping to put on about 200 miles on Sunday to see how it does. I think the main problem I have is the position of the backrest. I placed a spacer of about 1.5" in between the rear seat and the slide for the backrest which made it a good bit more comfortable just siting on it in my shop. We shall see!!!
    I talked to Jennifer yesterday at Helibars. She mentioned that they go about 4 inches further back than the stock bars on the B. Would you agree with that? I also have the RDL and back rest so I'm curious if I install the Helibars, I'll be fine with the reach. I'm 5'11" with a 35" sleeve length. Watcha' think, Av8er? I'm fine with the stock bars but want the adjust-ability of the Helibars and the cross bar at the top they provide.
    Last edited by Walcrow; 02-15-2018 at 05:18 PM.