I'm a cowboy without a horse - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I'm a cowboy without a horse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry for what's happened and glad you're Ok...sound like you need the new 2018 Goldwing

JB

Yes you should be thankful She has insurance but more importantly you are not seriously injured. I'm surprised by some here who sound to be sue happy without any details of what any of the insurance companies are going to do. Hopefully Hers will compensate you justly and you can get back on a horse soon. I've crashed twice once my fault and the other time a cage hit me. Both times the insurance companies were happy to pay me more than the bike was worth and I was not hurt either time. At no time was a lawsuit or suing someone thought about.

Sorry for your loss and happy you are okay. Take it easy for a few days don't be in a hurry to sign off on no injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes you should be thankful She has insurance but more importantly you are not seriously injured. I'm surprised by some here who sound to be sue happy without any details of what any of the insurance companies are going to do. Hopefully Hers will compensate you justly and you can get back on a horse soon. I've crashed twice once my fault and the other time a cage hit me. Both times the insurance companies were happy to pay me more than the bike was worth and I was not hurt either time. At no time was a lawsuit or suing someone thought about.
    Surprised? SURPRISED? Really?

That bitch needs to be taught a lesson. Sue her ass off for what she's done. Sometimes the only way you can get through to people is through their pocketbook.

Take her to the cleaners Mike. Maybe next time she won't run another biker down.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

if you get another pre 2018 "B" you can transfer all your good after market goodies over to it. My insurance covers after market up to $5K. Get every penny you can.
    A buddy that did a "buy back" from his insurance co., took all his goodies off, sold what was left of the bike, brought a new bike & came out smelling like a rose, with $$ in his pocket..

Glad your alright, sorry about the B...That really sucks. Let the wifey calm down a little, then show her the price of some fancy BMW M5 or something along those lines that you want since she says no bike and she'll change her tune

Tax so glad you walked away from that hit.
    Things could have been a lot worst.
    When the dollars come in negotiate with the wife for a new ride---new wing or corvette or both.

That's a cool vid and glad to see you walked away..lucky man. Good luck on getting another bike it might take some time.

I was advised that the only way it'll happen is if we move to Florida. I reminded her that the East coast is full of 80-90 year o;d ladies, as Florida is the place where husbands go to die, in their widow mobile changing lanes without signalling, turning right with their left blinker on, turning without a blinker on etc. I'd have better luck in the 5 boros. Anyway, that's the ultimatum.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I was advised that the only way it'll happen is if we move to Florida. I reminded her that the East coast is full of 80-90 year o;d ladies, as Florida is the place where husbands go to die, in their widow mobile changing lanes without signalling, turning right with their left blinker on, turning without a blinker on etc. I'd have better luck in the 5 boros. Anyway, that's the ultimatum.
    hahaha now that's funny but true