Be extra careful
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be extra careful

Be extra careful

Seems like everyday lately, there's a fatality in the news around here. Crotch rockets and Harley's so far from what I see. Someone ran a stop sign early today on the Cape. Harley rider deceased. Witness saw the car run it. Look that extra time through intersections. My driving instructor back in 73 told me to look twice, then once more. I try to keep that in my head. Was riding last night. My buddy was leading on a back road. We came around a right sweep. He went to take a left, not expecting a car. Good thing both were attentive. He corrected, and the car stopped to let us through. Little things out of nowhere.

Good luck but have fun....I am!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

“Head on a swivel” is what my instructor always told me, and “you don’t always have to be first through the intersection “.

Leading a group of 9 bikes last evening when in a straight away a very LARGE deer came out of field ditch. My first thought was that sucker is going to cross. It had that determined look. And it did. Hard on the breaks. Looking for the rest of the herd then checking my mirrors to see if the herd behind me was paying attention. They were. Here in the Twin City’s Mn., western Wisconsin we have already had an number of deaths also. It seems as though many are single vehicle accidents.

Had that happen a couple of years ago. Came around a corner in the country late at night and saw a bear cub in the middle of the road. Couldn't swerve and hit him dead center. My house was just a few hundred yards up the road so I went there and came back to pick up the cub - no cub! Next morning I went out to check my bike and go look for the cub. Big surprise. The front wheel was cover with porcupine quills!

Biggest damn porcupine I ever saw.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

I don't know which is worse here in northern Ohio, Deer or cages. ALWAYS do a complete stop at intersections.
    ITS ALL GOOD

It's that time of year here in Colorado too. Baby deer and elk all over.
    The cagers have to get used to us again those that will.
    I had a lady look directly at me ,smile and left turned right in front of me. I stopped and looked at the SUV,too stunned to really get pissed at first. That pretty smile would have been the last thing I would see for a while if I hadnt stopped.
    Gotta be smarter and quicker - so far ,so good...Be safe guys....

Horses, moose, geese and livestock another issue here also...Biker killed when he hit a horse that got out of the fence and on road in southern MN...

If you ever ride in my neck of the woods off Hwy50 east and west-I am 18 miles east of Carson City,NV.This area has about 30,000 wild horses roaming the plains and roads-Hell I even get 5 or 6 on my front lawn at the end of summer as there looking for feed.We get about 30 or so auto hitting a horse with 4 last year ending in fatalities.Then if you go up in the mountains towards Tahoe you get the deer.Got to keep your head on a swivel riding here but the roads are fun.

Speaking of Bears, We don't have any in Indiana other than the 4 wheel kind , but did anyone see the article on the guy who died in Bend Oregon this week after hitting a bear?

Thank you for the information, I will traveling that stretch next month...