Looking for a new helmet. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new helmet.

I wear my Shuberth all the time. My nugget's worth it.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    And helmet life span is 5 years according some in the industry and I need more than one helmet so looking at $100 plus per year for just one. And that only if you don't drop it or something. It would be really hard to replace a new 600 dollar helmet if I dropped it the first week of ownership. Yikes! I would though really like to try out that Shuberth C3 Pro sometime.
    I hear you 2 wheels.. Don't think I will throw my C3 away if I drop it, unless it cracks but I don't think it will... And the price is high for these. I didn't buy mine until I stumbled on a sale of one left my size but not my color. I jumped at it. More than 50% off! Would I have bought one at full price? I was looking, but probably not..I had a $400 RPHA only a few years old and I thought that was really expensive! So I guess dropping to me isn't a problem, I don't really understand the 5 year disintegration thing with the foam, maybe it's true, and lastly I want the best I can get for my noggin at a reasonable price. YMMV

WEG

Kabuto Aeroblade III is a light carbon fiber matrix mix with cutouts for sunglasses/eyeglasses arms. It is a touring helmet made to vent and flow air for the rider in an upright position. They come with an anti fog shield too. Very happy with mine that I bought two. After I sold my blue Valkyrie, I stopped using my tri color one.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    The 5yr lifespan is the industry's way of avoiding some liability and getting us to buy new more often. I've got a Nolan N35 that I still use occasionally when riding the Rzr. I think it was purchased in "90". I guarantee that it will do more good than some of the buckets/skull caps that you see out there.

I really like some of the modular and full face helmets, I just can't justify the cost for something that will mostly collect dust. We've got 4k people in our whole county, no interstates, and minimal traffic to deal with here. The only time I consider a helmet is a long trip or where it's required and then it's just a bucket.
    How many deer do you have in your area? Helmet saved my life when I unexpectedly hit one. Not many people or cars around that night either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    How many deer do you have in your area? Helmet saved my life when I unexpectedly hit one. Not many people or cars around that night either.
    Quite a few actually. Most of us ride very little at night but I've also had some close calls during the day. Deer are creatures of habit and after 30+ yrs of riding around here, you generally have a good idea of where to really pay attention. Cage or bike, you learn to be alert and watch for them all of the time. Another advantage is that their heavy movement generally occurs during the months that the bikes are put up for the year.

I can't fathom not wearing a helmet. Always have. Sucks to be caught in the rain without a helmet and faceshield.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Last two helmets are Shoei Quest.., quality, affordable, comfortable. It’s a pretty solid helmet for the price.
    They have a flat grey that matches the F6b pretty good. I’ve got multiple tinted and mirrored shields, easily changed out.
    The mirrored shields are kind of pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    Last two helmets are Shoei Quest.., quality, affordable, comfortable. It’s a pretty solid helmet for the price.
    They have a flat grey that matches the F6b pretty good. I’ve got multiple tinted and mirrored shields, easily changed out.
    The mirrored shields are kind of pricey though.
    +1 on the Shoei

My last helmet was a Symax III and although its a good helmet, it cant hold a candle to my Shark Evo one! Fits great, looks great and the only design currently sold that can 'legally be ridden with in the open position. Great ventilation and pinlock ready with included pinlock insert and the shield automatically moves itself out of the way as you flip it to the open position. If you don't want to spend too much then look at the Shark Evo 3. same basic concept just not as many bells and whistles as the Evo one.
    2015 Blue F6B Deluxe, Mods: Bagger shield, Heli Bars, Garmin ZUMO, Beverage Butler, LED HIs/Lows, Pathfinder Switchbacks, Smoked Lenses. Kury Ergo IIIs, Iso foot rests, Transformer Passenger floor boards, Reflector replacement Lights, Trailer Isolation harness, Iso Grips, Smart Mount Backrest, Luggage rack, Homemade Lightning Strike, TBR Exhaust, ADD ON Hitch, Healtech Brake flasher, J&M upgraded speakers. K&N Air filter, LED Accent lights, Custom flag bar, Tritium Led Fog lights, Air Wings...

I am enjoying this thread because I am one of those guys, yes I am, that does not wear a helmet. Over the last couple of summers I have started wearing one when traveling threw states that it was necessary and have found myself enjoying it. Don't know that I will wear one every time I get on the bike, but who knows.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin