Tpms

Thread: Tpms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    I don’t think I would like having to use my phone for the display as with the FOBO system. The steel mate looks like I could mount the display inside the saddle bag or somewhere unobtrusive and not have to carry around a fob. Could it be setup to come on and read the sensors at power on? How quickly would it read them once it receives power? Willtill, any valve stem issues?
    No issues with the valve stems. I am using the T-Valve stems. That way you don't ever have to remove the sensor if you had to adjust the air in the tire.

You don't want to put the display in a saddlebag or elsewhere. You should have the unit visible so you can see it. That's the whole point of it; you want to be able to actively monitor pressure. I have mine on a homemade bracket; attached to one of the bolts under the lower M.A.D.S.T.A.D. shield. Will see if I can find a previously posted picture of it.

Also, the tires have to be moving for a little bit, before the sensors "wake up" and start sending data to the display. Sometimes it takes the length of the driveway and occasionally the one on the rear make take longer than that, But once they start communicating; it's constant monitoring while you are on the bike.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

It something difficult about some sensors making them hard to remove to add air? My Garmin sensors are no harder to remove than a normal valve stem cap. Still trying to understand the need for a "T".

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    It something difficult about some sensors making them hard to remove to add air? My Garmin sensors are no harder to remove than a normal valve stem cap. Still trying to understand the need for a "T".
    Two words: Wear (and) tear. If you did this quite often, the sealing surface in the sensor could become worn out/damaged, or the sensor's housing could eventually fail.

Plus... let's say that you remove a sensor to add air. You're going to have to then put it back on. You could lose a little air during that process of reinstalling it.

So much easier to just install the T-Valve, mount the sensor on top, and use the perpendicular stem valve to add (or remove are) as needed.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537