FM Radio Antenna Question

Thread: FM Radio Antenna Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ok that makes more sense! I was wondering how an antena designed for the lower frequences of the CB band would drive an FM radio.

Re CB radio... how/who is using it these days. Heck I am old enough to remember when everbody had one in the 1970s in cars. Heck I can remember when they only had 23 channels, and how much of an improvement the 40 channel single side band radio was.

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    ok that makes more sense! I was wondering how an antena designed for the lower frequences of the CB band would drive an FM radio.

Re CB radio... how/who is using it these days. Heck I am old enough to remember when everbody had one in the 1970s in cars. Heck I can remember when they only had 23 channels, and how much of an improvement the 40 channel single side band radio was.
    The guys that I ride with all the time have CBs, so I installed one on my F6B. Good and reliable, but Honda stuff is always expensive, and the B is not set up for a CB. I installed the CB antenna in place of the shorty FM and am using a Midland 75-822 portable in the left cubby and to my BT Sena 20S EVO via a SENA SR10. More money than I wanted to spend, but less than Honda stuff, it is a clean installation, and it works really well.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

F6Bster sounds like you have a great setup there for the CB. I ride with some guys with full Wings and they, of course, use their CBs all the time. I am like "Tommy" (deaf/dumb/blind boy from The Who) when they are chattering. Can you provide some directions and photos if your setup.

Many thanks,
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    F6Bster sounds like you have a great setup there for the CB. I ride with some guys with full Wings and they, of course, use their CBs all the time. I am like "Tommy" (deaf/dumb/blind boy from The Who) when they are chattering. Can you provide some directions and photos if your setup.

Many thanks,
    Here is the link to the thread with my original post:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...383#post163383
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Thanks, I have saved this so I can check into getting parts. Parts departments around here are all closed Mondays. sigh
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396