Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
I replaced my radio antenna with a CB antenna. And for my music, I loaded my favorite songs on a USB thumb drive that I plugged into the USB connection in the left side bag.
More details please...
How do you mount the cb antenna? Do you need a completely new mount, or can you use the same base? What brand/model did you use? How much does it improve FM reception -- does reception on the NOAA weather radio get better too? Improved Weather Radio reception is what I'd really like.

FM radio in upstate must be stuck in the 1970, we still have lots of locally owned small town stations. WXHC out of Cortland NY, for example.. Kind of amature, but local DJs, local ads, news, and not too much talking. Owned by 2 local guys who never grew up... They'll play anything as longs as its rock from before 2000, and they have local news and ads. And NPR is everywhere, thank god.

I've got a 128 Gig stick in the trunk, love it. Streaming thru the cell phone is iffy up here. Most of upstate NY is rural state owned parkland with 1X service at best. With the exception of Lake Placid and Lake George areas, in the Catskills and Adiroundacks there are no cell phone towers. Its all state parks. Meaning no service at all. In much of the rest of upstate, service is voice only once you get more than 20 miles away from an Interstate.

Has anyone figured out how the f6b's radio file management system works with a memory stick in the trunk? I swear every time I add any songs to mine, it changes the directory order, and I've got no idea what the logic is. What starts out as alphabetical on my Windows PC, turns into a pretty random list on the bike.