Thoughts on selling bike with or without Ultimate seat?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on selling bike with or without Ultimate seat?

Thoughts on selling bike with or without Ultimate seat?

Unfortunately, I need to sell my B. Its a2013 with about 12000 miles with lots of accessories including an Ultimate Midrider Seat with driver and passenger backrests.

Knowing that seats are real personal when it comes to comfort, do you think I should sell the bike with the stock seat and sell the Midrider separate or sell the Midrider with the bike?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Just my opinion... But I generally buy an aftermarket seat for my bikes. I always save my stocker and reinstall when time to sell, then sell the seat separate (hopefully locally to avoid shipping). You don't get much extra value when you sell your bike due to aftermarket goodies, I try to recoup a little extra this way, but that it how I do it, some might not agree.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

You are making an assumption that the potential buyer wants what you like and therefore limiting your audience. I bought my F6B with a bunch of extras. It had a Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust, Mustang Tripper Seat, Floorboards, National Tall GW Windscreen and Genuine Honda LED Fog Lights. Everything came off and was sold besides the perfect fitting Honda Fog Lights. The loud heavy poor material exhaust was swapped out for the high quality perfect fitting GL1800 exhaust, the ill fitting Mustang seat was switched to the OEM which allowed the side covers to be removed without removing the seat, the windshield with distortion was swapped out to the Genuine Honda Tall with Vent, the floorboards that forced a heel toe shifter use was swapped to the OEM takeoffs from a trike conversion. Now my F6BD is back to stock and to my liking. Good part was I sold the parts and purchased brand new takeoffs and still had a $1,000 leftover. I was sly enough to realize I can do that but some others might just walk away. My advice would be sell you parts and put the bike back to stock to have the larger audience potential.

I agree with Joflewbyu2, Put it back to stock and sell your parts, There are a lot of folks willing to buy aftermarket parts if they are priced right. I have bought and sold a few parts as well. Seats and windshields
    are always available for sale here. Lots of riders are trying different combinations before they find the exact one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    I agree with Joflewbyu2, Put it back to stock and sell your parts, There are a lot of folks willing to buy aftermarket parts if they are priced right. I have bought and sold a few parts as well. Seats and windshields
    are always available for sale here. Lots of riders are trying different combinations before they find the exact one that works.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Careful Big LRY, I was eyeballing that seat you have on yours! Build for Men of Substance! At least that's what the folks at the Big and Tall tell me every-time I stop by!

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    You are making an assumption that the potential buyer wants what you like and therefore limiting your audience. I bought my F6B with a bunch of extras. It had a Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust, Mustang Tripper Seat, Floorboards, National Tall GW Windscreen and Genuine Honda LED Fog Lights. Everything came off and was sold besides the perfect fitting Honda Fog Lights. The loud heavy poor material exhaust was swapped out for the high quality perfect fitting GL1800 exhaust, the ill fitting Mustang seat was switched to the OEM which allowed the side covers to be removed without removing the seat, the windshield with distortion was swapped out to the Genuine Honda Tall with Vent, the floorboards that forced a heel toe shifter use was swapped to the OEM takeoffs from a trike conversion. Now my F6BD is back to stock and to my liking. Good part was I sold the parts and purchased brand new takeoffs and still had a $1,000 leftover. I was sly enough to realize I can do that but some others might just walk away. My advice would be sell you parts and put the bike back to stock to have the larger audience potential.
    I agree with most of that, I pull of anything that is easy to revert back to stock. But I take my side covers off all the time with my Mustang seat installed.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    Careful Big LRY, I was eyeballing that seat you have on yours! Build for Men of Substance! At least that's what the folks at the Big and Tall tell me every-time I stop by!
    Haha, you will have to pry my DayLong saddle off my cold dead butt cause I will never ride without a DayLong under me. Yep, I am definitly a man "of Substance" just ask my my pet cow she tells me so all the time.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

You'll not get anymore money for the bike if you leave all of it on. So try to recoup as much of your money as possible. I just sold a excellent Ultimate w/ both back rest for $650, which I though was a far price, minus $20 for the boxes (wish I had made it $675-700). The buyer sent a FedEx shipping label which was around $120 - $135 going from central Fl. to TX. My point, seats are big & costly to box & ship.

I'm sure the members will be looking forward to buying up your "stuff" as soon as you post it with photos.

Sorry you're having to sell your "B"

Big LRY , man I sure feel sorry for her, She looks like she might need a little more padding! I have to agree with you as well Goat, I just sold a mustang seat today and it cost me $156 to ship to
    Texas from Indiana. Almost told her that I would drive it down and enjoy a trip. What is the deal with shipping these days?