Be extra careful - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be extra careful

Great area to ride through, If I can make a suggestion ride up through Washington on Route #20. For me it was the most beautiful road I have ever ridden. They call that road the "Swiss Alps" of the USA. My son and I have made several trips out there, but could barely make a dent in everything there is to see.

I would love to run that, but will be a bit south Richland, WA then headed to Seaside, OR. Taking 30 across the top of OR and down the 101.

Speaking of bears, my neighbor called me last night to ask if the bear had been bothering us? I said no, has taken all their bird feeders down, climbed in their car and made a mess around their house... I said call the DNR, they did and were laughed at by them, saying kit is just a yearling bear...I am like wtf, a bear is a bear and they are not wanted near the houses.

That will be a nice route, have been on 101 from Port Townsend, Washington through Coos Bay, Great ride fantastic ocean views but very tedious and time consuming. Lots of Sea side towns and speed traps and tourist, If you can get over towards Crater Lake see it, It is just beautiful country, In one day we went from High Desert terrain to Mountain terrain to Sea terrain to Forests with trees so big that you would sware you were riding at night in the middle of the day! Would go back tomorrow if I could, just a long haul from out midwest! My last trip out was almost 7,000 miles in three weeks, make sure you have a great seat and good roadside assistance coverage if needed. Some places have no people for 50 miles!

Bingo...so many options and so little time.
    Did Crater Lake several years ago, amazing place.
    Two days in the Redwoods and down to Ft Bragg, Mill Valley and across to Yosemite

Cheers

Copy, Never got down to Yosemite, maybe next time! Got family in Idaho now, may use them for "base camp" some summer. Just waiting to retire first.