wow...I have owned over 40 bikes in my days. I can say that every one of them no matter how good they are from the factory always can use improvements.
Development money is huge, when producing a new model. That said, no matter what manufacturer you are you will look for ways to minimize development money.
That said Honda is no different than any other bike manufacturer. They use inferior products and cheapen the product, but yet make it reliable and safe. Planned obsolescence, replacement OE parts have a minimum of 300% mark-up, so when the inferior parts wear out. They make huge dollars.

For instance the Legacy models use one loaded fork the other side is not, wtf Honda. All in the interest of saving money. When I bought my F6, it was one of the most ill handling bikes I had owned. Yep, I spent 3k on it and now I will tell you this is the very best machine I have ever ridden or owned. That includes many years of track racing and enduro's. If you do not demand much from the bike, it rides great, but when you want it to perform a different story. I was running a sweeper at high speed, the bike was shifting all over...not safe, today with the upgrades, I can run the same sweeper and hold my line, while increasing speed...

You do not have to spend a penny more than what you paid, but it is personal choice and the drive for a safe and fun bike when you push the limits.
Have a great day!

Pumper