Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
How did you get it the latches working properly? I really love this saddle but ain't gonna use it if I can't open and shut the saddlebag lids.
I actually tried several times to get it right, but every time I tightened the grab handles both latches would either refuse to work, or at least drag and not work as designed. Leaving the bolts slightly loose both latches worked fine. To be totally honest I got pissed off and beat the damn thing into submission. I guess I somehow created more clearance for height at the grab rail side holes. Not by much as you can't see it or really tell but it was enough that they now work fine. My mind set was that I was pissed and the damn thing was either going to work or go in the trash. Really frustrating to me that this seat is difficult enough to remove and install (10 bolts stock with a back rest and rear rack) not to mention the fact that they don't fit correctly. I would also guess one could also relieve the underside of the grab rail slots slightly and pull up on them when installing and accomplish the same result? But I was not modifying the rails to accommodate a seat. The other problem with Corbin is that the seat has to be removed to get the side covers off. Could be as new the sides of the seat where the grab rails bolt on are sticking out too far causing the grab rails to angle down, and after being on a while the contact points will be flattened and the grab rails will be level allowing the latches to work as they are supposed to? I have not had mine back off but I will pull it this weekend to verify.