Just got my Corbin seat today and I must say it looks and feels awesome. Purchased at Lone Star Rally, Galveston, TX and shipped to me by Corbin. Very excited.

However I got issues.
  1. The holes in the seat are difficult to line up with the frame mounting holes but I can and did get by that. It just requires a bit of finesse.
  2. I thought the backrest was removable so I could ride in style with no back rest and slip it in for my wife when she wanted to ride. Nope, you gotta remove the seat and screw it down then finesse the seat mounting screws back in.
  3. Oops the right side saddle bag release does not function properly. Take the seat off and fiddle with the mechanism. Seems to work properly with the seat off. Okay, put the seat back on and this time be more careful with the right side. Still does not work.
  4. Remove the seat and install the stock seat. Everything works perfectly. Hmmm.
  5. Remove the stock seat and re-install the Corbin. Same thing, right side saddlebag release is jacked up. It is releasing the cover but not returning to the closed position and the cover will not shut. Force the lever back to closed position and close the cover.
  6. Lets remove the key and go for a ride just to see how the seat feels. Christ, the key will not turn completely to the vertical position so I cannot remove it.
  7. Remove the right seat screws which allows the right side saddlebag release lever to return to the closed position and allows the key to turn to the full vertical position.
  8. I am riding on this seat dammit. Replace the seat screws and lets go for a ride. Son of a B. Partially stripped the threads on the frame.
  9. Stop everything and chase the threads. You know what, screw it. Put the stock seat back on and deal with it later.

After much contemplation and thought it seems that the seat is too wide and rubs against the saddlebag cover release lever preventing it from working properly. Or maybe it is the width of the seat at the screw holes because if do not put the screws in all the way the lever works properly. But, as soon as those screws are tightened the saddlebag levers malfunction.

I will contact Corbin and try to get some help.

Anyone else have similar issues.