Corbin Seat installation woes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Seat installation woes

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Those of you with issues

Have you contacted CORBIN ? if so .....

WHAT DID CORBIN DO or INSTRUCT you to do when you called them and explained your installation problem ???????

Many times problems are caused by the INSTALLER. Some owners have had ZERO issues. I have Corbin seats and yes they initially needed some minor shimming so that the seat was not as tight on the bike as it came from the factory. Spacers/washers are used on a few CORBIN seats until they fit your bike the way you want it.

Occasionally the product needs to be tweaked or redesigned.

CALL CORBIN and ask to speak with someone that knows this NEW seat, they may have a solution for you.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Like I said in my above post I have no problems.It just seems the more times you take it on and off for whatever reason/mods the easier it may fit and the latches work and fit better
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Those of you with issues

Have you contacted CORBIN ? if so .....

WHAT DID CORBIN DO or INSTRUCT you to do when you called them and explained your installation problem ???????

Many times problems are caused by the INSTALLER. Some owners have had ZERO issues. I have Corbin seats and yes they initially needed some minor shimming so that the seat was not as tight on the bike as it came from the factory. Spacers/washers are used on a few CORBIN seats until they fit your bike the way you want it.

Occasionally the product needs to be tweaked or redesigned.

CALL CORBIN and ask to speak with someone that knows this NEW seat, they may have a solution for you.
    They want pictures and will get back to me.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Everything fits and saddlebag latches work. My issue is that you can't remove the side panels unless the seat is off. I've been on the phone with Corbin over the past 4 or 5 weeks. They said I could send the seat back and they would shave off enough of the pan so the side panels come off. I told them that is not good enough. If they do it that way there will be a wide gap . They screwed up when they molded the pan. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I like the seat and for me it has the comfort I need for long rides.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    My custom-made one of a kind seat fits like OEM,,, because it uses the OEM pan.

Got about 5 hundred plus miles on the RDL. As anticipated,,, you don't even think about yer butt when riding,,,

It ain't for everyone I suppose, but I sure like 'em!!!

Finally got Corbin to fit and function, Hurray.

After many attempts and finally discovering that all I needed was a couple of 3/16" spacers on the front seat mounting bolts between the seat and the grab rail to keep it from twisting and binding the saddlebag release levers. Glad that is behind me. Everything works perfectly.

This seat looks great and after a full day of riding it feels great.

Whew!
    PBlair
    2004 GL1800 White
    2013 F6B Black

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    After many attempts and finally discovering that all I needed was a couple of 3/16" spacers on the front seat mounting bolts between the seat and the grab rail to keep it from twisting and binding the saddlebag release levers. Glad that is behind me. Everything works perfectly.

This seat looks great and after a full day of riding it feels great.

Whew!
    Hey PBlair (Phil),

My Corbin is on order and should be in at the end of the month. I have had 3 other Corbins and have had similar issues with having to tweak the saddles to fit right. Based on what you did, are those 3/16" spacers you mentioned just washers? Could you post a few photos of your installed seat? I had a few calls to one of Corbins Sales Guys and he tried to get me to go with the Distressed Bomber Jacket Leather but I decided to go with the standard Mercedes Black Leather with Asphalt Vinyl Panels.

Thanks...
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    Hey PBlair (Phil),

My Corbin is on order and should be in at the end of the month. I have had 3 other Corbins and have had similar issues with having to tweak the saddles to fit right. Based on what you did, are those 3/16" spacers you mentioned just washers? Could you post a few photos of your installed seat? I had a few calls to one of Corbins Sales Guys and he tried to get me to go with the Distressed Bomber Jacket Leather but I decided to go with the standard Mercedes Black Leather with Asphalt Vinyl Panels.

Thanks...
    Just a couple of washers on each side. You may not need them but if you do, it is super easy (I can say that now). I got the same seat you have coming. You are gonna love it.

Attachment 3058Attachment 3059
    PBlair
    2004 GL1800 White
    2013 F6B Black

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Just a couple of washers on each side. You may not need them but if you do, it is super easy (I can say that now). I got the same seat you have coming. You are gonna love it.
    Phil, GLAD to hear that it was a simple adjustment. This is normal for some Corbin seats. Looks very nice

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Attachment 3058Attachment 3059
    I think the biggest takeaway from these pics, is that you guys still have leaves on your trees! Seat looks great, and by the looks of your trees, you've got the perfect weather to break it in!