Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
I'm surprised that now two people bring oil along. I can not remember any time I have needed oil on a trip. Besides it is very easy to purchase if you were to happen to need a bottle. Sometimes I wear the oldest jeans etc that I have and after a few days they can go in the garbage and less dirty stinky clothes to pack home. Now I have room for some new souvenir t-shirts. My bourbon and rum supply also gets smaller by the day. No spare parts and only the smallest of a tool bag. Rain gear and a few other pieces of stuff in left bag and right side is free for as needed. Leather jacket rolled and the extra helmet are just put on top of what ever, maybe the half lid in the right bag if wearing the full. Five days is one travel bag but have room for another if a longer trip.
I guess it depends where you travel. If you stay on the I's or go thru towns you're fine. I however, I do neither. I try to go to remote areas like Alaska, Hudson Bay, Cape Breton, northern part of the Provinces, Montana, Maine, etc. Some by car most by F6B. Often it is hundreds of miles between gas pumps (in AK it was often in the front yard of some resident). To expect oil to be available is really pushing your luck. In my 55 years of riding I have often needed extra oil. To me by F6B is not a boulevard cruiser, it's an escape pod.