How do you pack your bagger?

Thread: How do you pack your bagger?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I'm surprised that now two people bring oil along. I can not remember any time I have needed oil on a trip. Besides it is very easy to purchase if you were to happen to need a bottle. Sometimes I wear the oldest jeans etc that I have and after a few days they can go in the garbage and less dirty stinky clothes to pack home. Now I have room for some new souvenir t-shirts. My bourbon and rum supply also gets smaller by the day. No spare parts and only the smallest of a tool bag. Rain gear and a few other pieces of stuff in left bag and right side is free for as needed. Leather jacket rolled and the extra helmet are just put on top of what ever, maybe the half lid in the right bag if wearing the full. Five days is one travel bag but have room for another if a longer trip.
    I guess it depends where you travel. If you stay on the I's or go thru towns you're fine. I however, I do neither. I try to go to remote areas like Alaska, Hudson Bay, Cape Breton, northern part of the Provinces, Montana, Maine, etc. Some by car most by F6B. Often it is hundreds of miles between gas pumps (in AK it was often in the front yard of some resident). To expect oil to be available is really pushing your luck. In my 55 years of riding I have often needed extra oil. To me by F6B is not a boulevard cruiser, it's an escape pod.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

In the left saddlebag: Schuberth C3 full face helmet / a few tools not much / pair of gym shoes / shower kit / small bottle of rum / contigo coffee cup
    In the right saddlebag: Klim Overland Jacket / Klim Lattitude pants / Klim waterproof full gauntlet gloves / tourmaster heated jacket liner
    In my Harley Leather Covered hard tour pack: Lap top / clothes gym bag
    Rock strapped on: sleep apnea machine against the tourpack / bag with waterproof cover for misc... and extra 3/4 full shield helmet (I use this as a backrest)
    I wear Bates waterproof Thinsulate leather boots, Rukka Air All pants, Klim Induction jacket, fiberglass half Harley style helmet, sunglasses, Dainese summer weight goat skin gloves.

I have spent a lot of money on gear but I find this works great for me in hot weather.
    In cold weather I wear the Klim Gortex vented gear with the heated liner so I have more room in the right saddle bag for insulated under armour etc...
    I wear Tommy John underwear and under armor long sleeve t-shirt with either hot or cold gear.
    In the heat I also use my Harley Davidson mesh seat liner which flows air under my but as I ride.

I have my cell phone with USB charger and Bluetooth helmet speakers. Roadside phone number / I have both Honda and Good Sam / American Express will take care of anything else I may need.
    stevenolts

lot of good ideas for the necessities on a long trip.
    I also have a 'big bike parts' rack behind the passenger back rest. My bike suitcase fits well on the passenger seat, but can't figure out how to fasten my coat or other, to the rack. I've tried bungees but not very secure.
    Any other ideas on what or how to fasten things to the rack?

Use nothing but rok straps the best
    secure and don't worry
    stevenolts