Papabruce,

This may be one of those threads that gets tons of replies because everyone has different needs and different ideas about what they need to take with them but since you asked I will tell you how I pack my bike.

I carry a bag strapped to my back seat which has all my clothes, doff kit, laptop computer, all my charging cords and all other personal items I need on a daily basis. This makes it easy to put everything in my motel room or throw it in the tent after each days ride.

In my left side hard bag i have the following items, all of which are packed into small individual bags. Tool kit, tire plug kit, small 12 volt compressor, small bag of spare bulbs and small parts, extra tie down strap and bungees, my heated jacket liner, my cool vest, 2 endura cool neck wraps, 2 pair of spare gloves, a lightweight motorcycle cover, rain pants and several neck scarves. That sounds like a lot but it all fits.

My right side hard bag has my leather chaps (rolled not folded) and plenty of room for my textile riding jack which is waterproof and armored and room for miscellaneous items needed during the day including food and water bottles.

The center cubby compartment is for registration and small items that i need to access frequently.

I also have a hydration system mounted to my right side passenger foot peg and rear crash bar. The hydration system is essentially a camelback but it is mounted on the bike and not carried on my back. It hold a gallon of water and keeps it cold all day.

Kind of a long response but that's what I travel with.

Good Luck and travel safe
Az Wingrider