A couple years ago on a Honda Shadow with the old standard H4 Halogen bulb I took a chance and switched to the Cyclops H4 LED replacement bulb.
Yes... it was more expensive. But after installing that one LED bulb, I got reflected light back from signs a half mile down the road, clearly had more light output than my riding buddies with their HD light bars on, and there was a distinct horizontal line that prevented it from shining in the eyes of oncoming drivers. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
Now, with my F6B and 4 headights, plus after cataract surgery and less night driving, I have not bought more but DANG, I would always recommend LED over the old style bulbs.
Here is a link to the H7 they offer:
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...Bulb_p_86.html

With the H4 LED on my Shadow, I only needed to make a tiny clearance slit so the bulb was an easier fit thru the rubber storm collar. My guess is that all LED's have that small attached electronics box; I was able to just tuck it in the headlight bucket - but perhaps there is a different solution on the 'wings. All I can say is I was blown away by that bulb, and with the projected lifetime on these LED's you would probably never need to replace them. And if 4 of them were on a bike? Yikes... it might be like turning night into day.