Heel toe yes no?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heel toe yes no?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Heel toe yes no?

Who else prefers a heel-toe?

Read a little hub-bub about transmission warranty issues when heel toe units were installed, but I have my own theory on cause-effect, and I ain't skeered!

Anyway, in the process of setting my 6 up with a H/T

Less is more, and I started with the Show Chrome heel shifter. It appeared to be everything I needed, but when it got here, I found out it won't work with my Kury mini-boards.

Currently have the Kury heel toe shifter sitting on my desk. Looks like the clearance issues of the Show Chrome unit caused by my mini-boards shouldn't be an issue with the Kury.

Anyone else using a H/T?

Heel no. Had heel/toe on both my Roadstar and Venture, took them off and installed toe only. Being raised on dirt bikes just never could get used to the heel shift.

No not good for your transmission. I was told at my honda dealership that every gl1800 that had transmission problems most of them had heel and toe shifter

Raised with dirt-bikes myself. Still love a H/T! =)

Some talk on other forums about H/T's being bad for tranny's. I can fully understand why they could be, at least on GL's.
    Reading about what was happening to the failed tranny's, both with and without H/T's, helps a person to understand what's going on. I can fully understand why Honda wouldn't warranty the situation. I also feel the issue is avoidable, even with a H/T installed.

Read on the same forum where a member here has the exact set up I've described on his F6B.

I have a heel toe if u want it I will take $100 it's like new less than a thousand miles

If one does not use logging clod hoppers boot you do not need heel toe shifter.

if you pair them with a running board you are gonna piss off your mechanic -- no need unless you are a spaz

LMAO!

I am my own mechanic, and I don't wear logging clod hoppers!!

Y'all apprently haven't experienced the effortless shifting a proper H/T can provide. No worries. Those of us who have know exactly what I'm talking about.

Crazy as it sounds, the best H/T I've ran across to date was OEM on the Wifes Kawi 900 Classic. Upshifts consisted of raising only you heel about an inch, sliding you foot straight back and letting the weight of your heel shift for you.

As mentioned in post one, I have a new Kury on my desk, gonna give it a spin. (As soon as I get my seat back from RDL)

Besides, The H/T will help keep the top of my riding shoes tidy! http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...er=GGLPRADS001

I have the Kury heel/toe shifter along with the black mini boards. I've been using heel/toe shifters since my VTX1800 days....
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Raised with dirt-bikes myself. Still love a H/T! =)

Some talk on other forums about H/T's being bad for tranny's. I can fully understand why they could be, at least on GL's.
    Reading about what was happening to the failed tranny's, both with and without H/T's, helps a person to understand what's going on. I can fully understand why Honda wouldn't warranty the situation. I also feel the issue is avoidable, even with a H/T installed.

Read on the same forum where a member here has the exact set up I've described on his F6B.

No clue how most guys on the other forums could use the heel/toe shifter.I look at there pictures and most guys are wearing flip-flops
    Ride it like you stole it