Weave wobble - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weave wobble

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I'm 76yo, still hit 100 + mph when I have a nice long, clean stretch of road...….. Just visited a 70yo HD rider over the weekend. He's thinking about stopping riding because his HD is too heavy. I had the same "too heavy" problem with my Indian Chief. Then I took a test ride on a "B." Brought a "B", sold the Indian, problem solved.
    Interesting as I am seriously thinking about giving my F6B to my 48 year old son and switching to an Indian Scout with some extras on it...(Bags, pipes, windshield, floorboards, reduced reach seat, and some bling!!!....Thing only weighs about 560lbs compared to the 835lb "B"...I love the Honda,but it is getting to heavy for me to handle with a comfortable feeling anymore...We'll see what the future brings...Regards and ride safe....BTW, I did hit 90mph once last week!!!
    Last edited by opas ride; 07-23-2018 at 06:04 PM.

My F6B would feel a little unstable at 100. Enough so, that I would slow down after a few seconds. I just did a suspension upgrade with Traxxion springs front, Progressive rear spring, Traxxion triple clamp with tapered bearings. I went up to 110 mph and it didn’t feel scary. Your rear tire moving side to side? That doesn’t right. Lug nuts, bearings? I’m not a mechanic, sorry I can’t be more help.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Ok I may try the beads I have tried different tires and had balanced at different shops and according to one of the Honda dealer tires should move a little bit I don’t know not a mechanic myself and I use to be able to do whatever speed up unti I hit about 13k miles so I figured was front tire so replaced it but now I’m at 20k different front tire 3rd rear tire I’ve only had the bike since April 2017
    Last edited by Mooney14; 07-24-2018 at 02:29 AM.

The beads were a waste of time and money for me. Unless you have a faulty tire conventual balance will do its job, if a bad tire it needs to be replaced.

I have 37,777 (weird to look down and see that 7777 / at least it wasn't 666) last night and on the way home from work I hit over 100mph several times passing cars. The bike idols at 80 on the road. How do you keep it from running up to 100mph on its own when a good song comes on.

When I was on my recent trip to Idaho, I met George - 89 years old, just bought a new 2018 stripped Goldwing and still owns a 12-year-old Hayabussa...

https://www.ralphehanson.com/2018/07/13/grp4-i-want-to-be-george-when-i-grow-up/
    Ralph Hanson
    “Proceed as the way opens,” William Least Heat Moon
    2015 Suzuki DR650 (Lil’ Putt)

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurns40 View Post
    When I was on my recent trip to Idaho, I met George - 89 years old, just bought a new 2018 stripped Goldwing and still owns a 12-year-old Hayabussa...

https://www.ralphehanson.com/2018/07/13/grp4-i-want-to-be-george-when-i-grow-up/
    Thank's for posting those links. The stories they led to were much like a highway that's just too fun to leave.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

I've been using "beads" since 2005, never had any problems. As your speed picks up & the balance changes a bit, the beads move to & away from those areas I understand air planes have been using them for decades, along with a lot of trucking companies. If you still have a issue after installing the beads, chances are you've got a tire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Thank's for posting those links. The stories they led to were much like a highway that's just too fun to leave.
    Welcome! Glad you enjoyed my stories.
    Ralph Hanson
    “Proceed as the way opens,” William Least Heat Moon
    2015 Suzuki DR650 (Lil’ Putt)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney14 View Post
    Now at 75 mph it doesn’t feel stable brakes rub in rear and tire moves side to side a little when on center stand.
    If your tire is actually moving side to side and brakes rubbing, you’ve got some improperly torqued lug nuts. Remove the wheel and reinstall, using the required Q spec. Balancing could also contribute a bit. If you have weights, it’s unlikely your wheel was balanced at high speed. The computer balancers use an algorithm to estimate high revs while actually spinnning wheel at much slower revs. If a mechanic told me it was tire pressure after describing your symptoms, I would question his credentials. Find a new shop!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”