It's a must that I have a drivers backrest on my bikes. If you are keeping the stock seat, I would suggest the Utopia backrest. They are fairly easy to install after taking the seat off and they are comfortable and adjustable. About $200 shipped to you. I put one on my stock seat after I bought it last year and have had one on my Voyager 1700 and my 97 Honda Valkyrie. Great product and good price. I found a used Ultimate King with the backrests so sold the Utopia. I will say the Utopia backrest is more comfortable that the Ultimate one, but that stock seat just didn't work for me.

I also put the Throttlemesiter on and really enjoy it. I've had thumb breaks before and this is so much better and you do not see the addition of the throttle lock when looking at the handlebars. Mine works great, although a tedious installing it. I paid about $165 for mine. I miss my cruise control, but this is the next best thing.

Highway pegs, I always purchase the Kuryakyn ones. They aren't too expensive and have always worked and held up good.

I added a mad ---- windshield this year and absolutely love it. Wish I would have done that right after I bought it. Looks kind of funky at first, but then I think it looks cool once you get used to it.

You don't have to spend a fortune on products, don't get the most expensive stuff just because you think it is better. There are many products out there that are affordable and work just as good, and everyone has their own taste and style. One of the cheapest upgrades I made was the Kuryakyn drink holder and compartment that goes right in front of the drivers seat. I love having that there instead of the bulky carrier I had mounted.