Cold Stumble

Thread: Cold Stumble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I may be wrong but I believe our problem is CARB. They tend to be the strictest measure of everything. If you want to sell it in California, you must meet CARB requirements. There are more than a few people living in California so most companies want to sell there. All of my new lawn equipment runs terrible until they warm up. Once warmed up they perform brilliantly. I have a chain saw that needs a simple carburetor adjustment. They have very cleverly designed it so that only their unique tool will fit. It is against the law for me to own the tool. My point is - I think Honda has purposely mapped the cold engine fuel curve on our bikes at the ragged edge. I do not think Honda wanted to do this. I believe they were forced to do this. My motorcycle running to lean when cold is somehow compensating for your farting cow.

Quote Originally Posted by 6gun View Post
    I may be wrong but I believe our problem is CARB. They tend to be the strictest measure of everything. If you want to sell it in California, you must meet CARB requirements. There are more than a few people living in California so most companies want to sell there. All of my new lawn equipment runs terrible until they warm up. Once warmed up they perform brilliantly. I have a chain saw that needs a simple carburetor adjustment. They have very cleverly designed it so that only their unique tool will fit. It is against the law for me to own the tool. My point is - I think Honda has purposely mapped the cold engine fuel curve on our bikes at the ragged edge. I do not think Honda wanted to do this. I believe they were forced to do this. My motorcycle running to lean when cold is somehow compensating for your farting cow.
    I like my cow lean. So I can put up with a stumble burger now and then.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Damn Communists in Kalifornicate, Would bet Aunt Maxine or Aunt Nancy is the root cause.......