Made it home safe and sound Saturday evening. Thanks to all who participated in this Rally, for me it truly was an adventure. Rode Rte 66 from Joplin Mo to Adrian Tx.. Pulled into Cortez Wednesday after riding rte 12 on the east side and side trip into the Great Sand Dunes. That was just the start of many miles. We did on an average of about 400 miles every day while there, yes we came to ride. Sunday we left taking Million Dollar Highway and then into Aspen and across Independence Pass. We stayed in Colorado till Wednesday afternoon riding Pikes Peak, Mt Evans, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Peak to Peak. All in all I arrived home with just shy of 7000 miles.
It was nice meeting everyone who attended, and getting tips from the local guys. I was looking forward to this trip and was thoroughly impressed with the great riding and spectacular views.
Again, Thank you to everyone who participated to make this Rally a success. To Jim and Don, thanks for the great riding partners for this trip, it was a blast.
Jeff