FASTER? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you ride the F6B faster than your last bike?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 53.03%
  • No

8 12.12%
  • About the same

23 34.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FASTER?

Quote Originally Posted by rsj64 View Post
    It's funny that this question has been posted because shortly after breaking in my F6B in was obvious that I do indeed ride it MUCH faster than my other bikes. I have always ridden my other Hondas like they were stolen but this thing just makes it sooo... irresistible. By the way I already have a plan for when I do get pulled over and this is it... I will hand the key and helmet to the Officer and tell HIM to ride it and if he can keep it under the speed limit then by all means come back and write me a speeding ticket!
    Great idea. I wanna see video.

Yep, it begs to go fast. I go my first ticket in 30 years yesterday. Dang.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Faster???

Love my F6B and how it handles at speed, but its no match for my 2007 ZX-14. I guess that is at least one reason why I keep the Kawa around....lol!

Faster by all means as my last bike was a VTX, and this thing corners so much better there is no comparison. Got pulled over by a Motor for doing 20 over, so we shot the breeze about bikes for about 15 minutes and he let me go. Seems he was the Son of an Officer I used to work with Always helps to be a retired LEO

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yes. Mainly b/c its easy for my speed to 'creep up' without noticeable changes in the environment around me. (Vibrations, wind noise, etc)

Engine is smoother at 70 than at 50, and 50 is 'smooth like buttah', so rural 2 lane roads are a challenge to keep the speed down. (Easier on super-slab, but still need to keep an eye on it)

Bike is easy to ride fast also, at least compared to my last couple rides,,

I'm no speed-racer, but in curves, to me, the 6 doesn't dive, doesn't stand, you just 'look' and shoot.

faster

Not really. My Harley was souped up and produced about the same output as my stock f6b. I might get up to sped a bit quicker. lol

I need to change my vote to YES. The more comfortable I get with the bike, the more I look down at the speedo and have to back off the throttle. 80-90 seems to be the new cruising speed.

Ahh it's the bikes fault

I haven't had a speeding ticket in 40 years, then I got a new F6B. mmm 3 tickets in 1 month. I wonder if the judge will believe this. 53% of us speed on our favorite toy.

Oh well, I do love it!

Au (Gold) Wing

Quote Originally Posted by rsj64 View Post
    It's funny that this question has been posted because shortly after breaking in my F6B it was obvious that I do indeed ride it MUCH faster than my other bikes. I have always ridden my other Hondas like they were stolen but this thing just makes it sooo... irresistible. By the way I already have a plan for when I do get pulled over and this is it... I will hand the key and helmet to the Officer and tell HIM to ride it and if he can keep it under the speed limit then by all means come back and write me a speeding ticket!
    Lol...

And when I answer. "I've got one as well!".... hmmmm.....

About the same.........Just fast enough to edge out the Harley's but not so fast as to Humiliate them. After all they still are my riding buddies and Brothers..........Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"