F6B triggering female angst?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B triggering female angst?

F6B triggering female angst?

Hello folks, new F6B Winger here from Austin, TX. Purchased the bike a little over a week ago, absolutely LOVE it. I work downtown and commute ~25 miles each way every day so I get to do a lot of riding. I previously rode a 2010 Fury, so this is a big departure.

Since I've started riding the Wing, I've been cut off twice and almost run off the road once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend who rode a sportbike, as the Wing does have some similar looks. Wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences? Never had this riding the "chopper" Fury, and I still don the same jacket and full-face helmet. Although I personally feel more like a badass on the Wing Also, not an aggressive rider here. I really enjoy the cruise of the bike.

Bizarre?

-->Russ

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Let me guess,,, F6B is Black, and the Fury wasn't,,

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Hello folks, new F6B Winger here from Austin, TX. Purchased the bike a little over a week ago, absolutely LOVE it. I work downtown and commute ~25 miles each way every day so I get to do a lot of riding. I previously rode a 2010 Fury, so this is a big departure.

Since I've started riding the Wing, I've been cut off twice and almost run off the rode once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend who rode a sportbike, as the Wing does have some similar looks. Wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences? Never had this riding the "chopper" Fury, and I still don the same jacket and full-face helmet. Although I personally feel more like a badass on the Wing Also, not an aggressive rider here. I really enjoy the cruise of the bike.

Bizarre?

-->Russ
    Sounds kinda bizarre to me. I get more respect on the Wing since it looks law enforcement like.

Hopefully just coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Sounds kinda bizarre to me. I get more respect on the Wing since it looks law enforcement like.

Greetings, Bobby. Grew up in Phoenix myself, folks still live in Mesa. Love the non-summer weather.

Lived in Jonestown from 88-90 and then spent 14 years in Lago Vista.

Cedar Park is quite a bit different now than it was back then,,, and Leander,,, not even close to the population it has today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

Cedar Park is quite a bit different now than it was back then,,, and Leander,,, not even close to the population it has today.
    Excellent. There are excellent hill country rides out here as you know! Love it here. The ride down 1431 thru Jonestown and Lago to Marble Falls is hard to beat ... for TX. Have been known to eat at True Grits every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post

Same here, people tend to slow down when I get behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post

Since I've started riding the Wing, I've been cut off twice and almost run off the road once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend who rode a sportbike, as the Wing does have some similar looks. Wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences? Never had this riding the "chopper" Fury, and I still don the same jacket and full-face helmet. Although I personally feel more like a badass on the Wing Also, not an aggressive rider here. I really enjoy the cruise of the bike.

Bizarre?

-->Russ
    You might be paying the price for the idiot club riders in NYC that pulled the guy out of the SUV. The coverage has died down but I swear cage drivers were out to get me for awhile after that. When you commute you end up driving around the same folks everyday, hopefully they will get used to you and your F6B and relax a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

I'll be in Lago Vista from 11/29 - 12/2. My oldest daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters live there. My daughter is the assistant principal at Lago Vista Elementary school. I won't be on the bike unfortunately. I'm surprising my daughter on her birthday 11/30. Pssst....she doesn't know I'm coming down there.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I liked Lago back then, and I still do!
    I've seen the lake as high as the roof on the old Bar-K clubhouse. Last summer it was so low the boat ramps within sight of the Bar-K area were all high and dry. Marina relocated out in the main channel,,,
    Cool that you can come down and surprise the family!!!