New Valkyrie!!! 2014

Thread: New Valkyrie!!! 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    but am kinda hoping someone will in fact get off their butts and make go fast stuff for the 1800-- its no slouch but I do have a busa in my stable if i need to bend light

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    but am kinda hoping someone will in fact get off their butts and make go fast stuff for the 1800--
    Would be nice,,, Not that I'd buy a bunch, but I'd like to see something come along that nets more than 3 HP,,,

I've seen fully dressed Gold Wings toast more than one V-twin cruiser so the basic 2 valve motor is still potent. I doubt Honda is going to spend a ton of money modifying an engine that already puts out 100 ft/lbs of torque just above idle which is probably a wise move. Cheap to make and hopefully sold to the public at a seriously affordable price, the new Valkyrie should have enough shove to keep the most riders happy. I'm curious about the handling. The 67 inch wheelbase and 19 inch front rim aren't really the first thing on the wishlist for a sporty handling machine. Can't wait to ride one.

Bending light......

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    but am kinda hoping someone will in fact get off their butts and make go fast stuff for the 1800-- its no slouch but I do have a busa in my stable if i need to bend light
    I guess that's why I won't ever get rid of my 2007 ZX-14 SE......the new Valk is nice, but until they make one with 170hp stock, I will keep my F6B and switch to the go-fast when I have an itch for speed! Plus, I've done 700 miles/day on the 14 and its not that bad.

MaxDrive, very nice bike! Have fun!

Peter