Whelen TIR3 Brake Light?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whelen TIR3 Brake Light?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had the Kuryakyn "Hockey Stick" LEDs with the flasher on a prior F6B which looked great but didn't provide enough of that BACK OFF feature when braking.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    I had the Kuryakyn "Hockey Stick" LEDs with the flasher on a prior F6B which looked great but didn't provide enough of that BACK OFF feature when braking.
    Actually bought those, but never installed them.
    Thought they looked "silly" on a black F6B - too much like a jack-o-lantern - when I saw them on Steve 0080's back end.

http://ledsbyrobert.net/products/brake_lights_and_leds...

BTW.. Don't even think about using blue lights or you will see more blue lights than the ones on your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Joe View Post
    I know.
    You may, or may not, be surprised by the numbers of people who do not know.

Running ANY color light in a flashing or strobe form can cause unwanted attention - discounting headlight modulation and flashing brake lighting - and even that has gotten me some "professional commentary."
    Running blue lights in any position and/or red lights in a forward firing position could also generate significant "delays in your travel time."
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I had the Kisan Tailblazer on mine when I got kissed from behind, no amount of modulation is going to help when an idiot is texting but every little bit helps. Why it's upside down I'll never know, it started right side up - must be the Russian hacking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I had the Kisan Tailblazer on mine when I got kissed from behind, no amount of modulation is going to help when an idiot is texting but every little bit helps. Why it's upside down I'll never know, it started right side up - must be the Russian hacking
    Gee maybe you were Down Under...lol

Wonder where that bike is now????? I solved the need for more brake light problem and 53 it looks more like a Christmas tree than a Jack-O-Lantern.

Yep! You sure did make it your own. Like to think I gave you a good start

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Older video from when I first installed it:

https://youtu.be/V4fW2R5W7nk
    Got it installed today. Set up to flash 5 x same as the brake light then will continue as the bike's brake light stays on. Could have had it also set up as a running light but seemed a little too much.
    Feel a little safer anyway.

I know a lot of guys already added them, but added a Federal Signal MPS302U-R. Perfect fit where the rear reflector( pretty much the exact dimentions ) is over the plate and mounts flush( well not flush it is a surface mount and it is only 0.43in thick ) and had to drill 3 holes vs. dremeling out to make the whelen fit flush...Tried to load a video can't seem to figure that one out. I don't have picture only video I will take a couple pictures tomorrow and add them then

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com