Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
Well........I kinda like that idea. I would love to hear from the rest of you that "might" attend a gathering of F6B riders and forum members in the Pacific Northwest. We think we can get possibly 20 riders from this forum to show up, from WA., OR., CA., NV., ID. MT, and WY. If riders from UT, and AZ want to show up, PLEASE do.

One of the most difficult things to do in organizing a rally or gathering is choosing a date, because everyone has many things they are doing, so it can be hard to please a large enough number of riders, to make it worthwhile. So...If the HCMR (Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally) is being held on July 10th -14th, that is just about the right timing for us too. Maybe the only negative to it at that time would be possibly too much heat, as...we are people from the Great Pacific North-WET. So we are used to more mild Summers, and all that have ridden through the Baker City, OR. area know it can get hot there.

I would imagine that rooms are going to be getting booked up EARLY, and...do you really want a room in Baker City, or in LaGrande, or possibly in Enterprise ?

Personally, I don't mind being a visitor to the ZOO, but I no longer like being part of the ZOO displays....meaning.......I think it might be nice to have a block of rooms reserved in either LaGrande or Enterprise...and ride up to Baker City "IF" any of us wants to see the baby-sturgis like zoo......rather than reserving a block of rooms at a motel/hotel in Baker City, OR., and being caught up in the middle of the zoo.

But I would love to hear from you...and YOU...and...even YOU.

My thoughts would be to have me and a few others arrive on Thursday afternoon, secure the motel/hotel...already reserved in advance...and await all other F6B riders to show up on Friday as they roll in. We can all get together for an informal dinner on Friday night...do our own ride on Saturday, maybe a nice barbeque or dinner on Saturday night...and either choose to leave on Sunday if you need to get back home, or troll around the streets of Baker City seeing what is still standing of that once historic small town.

If we are going to reserve a block of rooms in advance, during this same time period...it is time to jump, so PLEASE let me know what you are thinking.

NOTE: This post is also copied over to a NEW thread...all about the PNW F6B Rally