PNW F6B lunch at Hooters...today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PNW F6B lunch at Hooters...today

If you guys do get the meetup planned I will be there. Hells Canyon would probably get my vote as I have heard lots of good things, but really anywhere in OR or WA is fine by me (since I am sure everyone was just going to hold their breath until I chimed in on what was fine with me )

After studying the maps this morning...I am inclined to agree with Kevins' original idea of hosting the gathering in either Baker City or LaGrande, OR. We will have to go there in person, check out the facilities, motels, restaurants, etc. I agree that a ride through Hells Canyon would be the most entertaining ride for folks that are not doing that every day, or every month, or even every year. Once we get into the first of the year, I will ask for members from the Portlandia Posse to step forward and meet with some of us WA. riders, and see if we can firm up some plans.

By having it in a location like LaGrande, OR. that makes it centralized for the Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, and even Nor Cal riders too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    After studying the maps this morning...I am inclined to agree with Kevins' original idea of hosting the gathering in either Baker City or LaGrande, OR. We will have to go there in person, check out the facilities, motels, restaurants, etc. I agree that a ride through Hells Canyon would be the most entertaining ride for folks that are not doing that every day, or every month, or even every year. Once we get into the first of the year, I will ask for members from the Portlandia Posse to step forward and meet with some of us WA. riders, and see if we can firm up some plans.

By having it in a location like LaGrande, OR. that makes it centralized for the Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, and even Nor Cal riders too.
    I know this is getting ahead of the discussion but FWIW If you like camping then Baker City has an excellent campground http://www.mtviewrv.com with motels not far off for the balance of the group. The hosts are fantastic and the location is clean, quiet, treed & Bike friendly.

Stayed there many times passing through. I don't have any affiliation with the owners or business.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Well........I kinda like that idea. I would love to hear from the rest of you that "might" attend a gathering of F6B riders and forum members in the Pacific Northwest. We think we can get possibly 20 riders from this forum to show up, from WA., OR., CA., NV., ID. MT, and WY. If riders from UT, and AZ want to show up, PLEASE do.

One of the most difficult things to do in organizing a rally or gathering is choosing a date, because everyone has many things they are doing, so it can be hard to please a large enough number of riders, to make it worthwhile. So...If the HCMR (Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally) is being held on July 10th -14th, that is just about the right timing for us too. Maybe the only negative to it at that time would be possibly too much heat, as...we are people from the Great Pacific North-WET. So we are used to more mild Summers, and all that have ridden through the Baker City, OR. area know it can get hot there.

I would imagine that rooms are going to be getting booked up EARLY, and...do you really want a room in Baker City, or in LaGrande, or possibly in Enterprise ?

Personally, I don't mind being a visitor to the ZOO, but I no longer like being part of the ZOO displays....meaning.......I think it might be nice to have a block of rooms reserved in either LaGrande or Enterprise...and ride up to Baker City "IF" any of us wants to see the baby-sturgis like zoo......rather than reserving a block of rooms at a motel/hotel in Baker City, OR., and being caught up in the middle of the zoo.

But I would love to hear from you...and YOU...and...even YOU.

My thoughts would be to have me and a few others arrive on Thursday afternoon, secure the motel/hotel...already reserved in advance...and await all other F6B riders to show up on Friday as they roll in. We can all get together for an informal dinner on Friday night...do our own ride on Saturday, maybe a nice barbeque or dinner on Saturday night...and either choose to leave on Sunday if you need to get back home, or troll around the streets of Baker City seeing what is still standing of that once historic small town.

If we are going to reserve a block of rooms in advance, during this same time period...it is time to jump, so PLEASE let me know what you are thinking.

NOTE: This post is also copied over to a NEW thread...all about the PNW F6B Rally

BTW, the Tres' Amigos went for a ride today. We...Pancho, Cisco, and Sparky (I am the red-headed step-child of the group) met up in Lakewood, WA. and rode up to Port Townsend, had a nice lunch, and then rode back down Hwy 101 to Olympia...in the fog.....brrrrrrr. The fog got worse the closer I got to home. All total about 256.319372 miles today. Oh thank heaven for Gerbing Heated Clothing.