Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Thanks HornBlower for reminding me,

Will try to iron out details in the next few days for those that would like to join us at this gathering.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Spring 2014 , several of us will be returning to Daytona Bike Week for a couple of days, maybe run down to Key West ???

If you have never been, join us. I DON'T know who produced this video, but you get an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtO_wgbx2Q0
    I remember her!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

If you have never been it is a bucket list kinda place...I have been almost every year since 1975 and it has not really changed much other than bike improvements...It is a freak show!!!!! Funny thing is people look in the mirror before the leave their home and say, " dam I look good " and when you see them you just say WOW!!! Got my back tire replaced on my Ultra, will get it shined up ...the ride to the Keys does sound interesting....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

This is a TENTATIVE schedule
    Need to see how many are interested on a ride down to Key West

If You are staying in the DAYTONA Beach area, you will need to ride SOUTH only 45 minutes to Titusville.

Wednesday March 12th at 10:30am we meet in Titusville Florida
    Location: Dixie Cross Roads Restaurant , 1475 Garden St, Titusville FL 32796 (opens at 11am and we will have lunch)

We depart at 12:30 pm for Homestead Florida and take a leisure ride along the Coastal Highway, arrive around 6-7 PM. Dinner at Marios Family Restaurant.

Quality Inn is giving our group a discount rate for rooms.... (we will be here 2 nights)
    (333 SE 1st Ave, Homestead, FL 33034)
    305-248-4009 .... ASK for Jesse and tell her that you are part of the Bike Group Staying there for 2 nights.
    Rooms with 2 doubles or a single Queen bed are $88.10 + Tax $11.46 = $99.56 per night
    Rooms with 1 King bed are $97.10 + Tax $12.62 = $109.72 per night

Thursday March 13th at 7:30am SHARP depart for Key West, ride down through the keys, stop a couple of times and arrive in Key West around 11:30 am. Have a light lunch somewhere, take a group photo in front of the Southern Most Point of the US, ride around Key West and depart around 3:00pm. Ride north and arrive in Key Largo around 5:30pm. Dinner at Shipwreck's Bar and Grill,45 Garden Cove Drive, Key Largo, FL 33037. Depart around 7:30pm, arrive at the Quality Inn around 8:00pm

Friday March 14th at 9:00am depart for Port Orange Florida arrive at Aunt Catfish Restaurant around 2:00pm have a late lunch, afterwards ride into down town Daytona Beach and or the venues. Evening plans TBD

Saturday March 15th visit venues by the Track or ride up to Ormond beach where there will be a large number of vendors as well.
    So, WHO is interested ?????

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I'm in.........I should have one or two join me as well...............
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Count in Hornblower and Deer Slayer.
    Deer Slayer

Yep, DS and I are definitely planning on it!

7 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    7 and counting
    Any good ( cheep ) places in Titusville. Don't care which side of Daytona I stay in just as long as it is not in Daytona, read ZOO.
    Deer Slayer

Cool

The answer is yes...... go to map quest....click on hotel/motel and see what comes up for the city.....