97 Valkyrie Carb Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 97 Valkyrie Carb Question

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    If you are still not convinced about the BG44K, here are some more reviews ....

http://www.amazon.com/BG-44K-Fuel-Sy...owViewpoints=1

FYI, my Diesel Mechanic, Local Porsche Dealership, BMW and Mercedes Dealerships use it.
    It wouldn't surprise me if one of these shade tree repair shops would charge their customer for a carburetor rebuild but instead use a can of BG44K to fix the problem. The product is that good.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yep, idle circuit/jets plugged/restricted.

Tank flush / fresh gas wouldn't hurt.

Riding w/cleaners might work,,, worth a try.

Berryman's B-12 used to be pretty good.

Put a post on the Valkyrie Rider Cruiser Club Tech Board.

There are people there who are incredibly good with Valkyries and can help with anything.

Rick

plugged up carbs

the best way to fix your carb problems are to rebuild them. as old as your bike is, it is in need of new orings, float needles and seats, take your carbs to a dealer that has a ultrasonic cleaning tank, this is what we use to clean carbs. the float needles soon will start leaking fuel into the left had cylinders, when this happens you may hydrolock the motor, and damage the staters gears, this is a motor pull to repair. also replace the fuel valve diaphragm, they are starting to leak fuel into the left bank, threw the vacuum hose that opens the fuel valve, turning off the valve makes no difference, and it will drain the fuel tank into the motor. the best way to store this bike is drain the carbs of all fuel, fill the tank with a fuel additive. in both of my dealer ships we do not leave any fuel in carbs, even on the show room floor, it is a pain, but drain everyone after running them, this is the only way that we can be positive, not to have any running issues, any stale fuel will also wet foul the spark plugs, some plugs are 15.00 each and take over a hour to install.. dale

Cool

Ya, What Dale said..... and this is one of the major reasons I sold my Valk...you DO have to be a mechanic to own one. I used to turn the fuel off about a 1/2 mile from my house to get most of the fuel out of the carbs... Hydro lock it ZERO fun as well... if the bike will clean up enough to run OK for you then run it, but I can almost guarantee you will be pulling the carb pak... great bike, just too old...sorry
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Valkyrie Carb

The inlet needle valve seats have a very small screen on the inlet side of the seat .

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    you DO have to be a mechanic to own one.
    This is off-topic, but,,,# 1 argument on 'other' boards for carb vs FI,, "I can work on it",,,

Well, if that's how you like to spend your time,,

Again, not knocking the OP in any way, or other Valk owners, but dang,,, the MC community as a whole still has some folks clinging on to the past due to fear of what they 'don't understand'.

Never could quite figure that out,,,

Back to the original topic

Hope the OP has Lady Luck shine on him and he can get going w/o a tear down,, however,,,,,, if keeping the bike is 'the plan',,,, a full rebuild may be in order/worth the time/$$$$. Most likely will run like new when done,,,

Would like to hear how this adventure ends,,,