Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Daytona Bike Week .... If you have never been

Spring 2014 , several of us will be returning to Daytona Bike Week for a couple of days, maybe run down to Key West ???

If you have never been, join us. I DON'T know who produced this video, but you get an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtO_wgbx2Q0

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I'll be there, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I have been to most of them since 1971. I really enjoy the road racing at the Super speedway.

Spoke to Steve last night.

We are thinking of Running down through the Keys, just an idea...

Wednesday riding until we reach Florida City (next to Homestead) Staying at the Holiday Inn Express

Thursday morning riding down to the Southern most point in Key West, Lunch in Key West, meandering up, Dinner in Marathon and ending back at Florida City Holiday Inn Express.

Friday, take our time returning back to Daytona and Dinner for the F6B Riders at Aunt Catfish

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Sounds good to me I'm already looking forward to the warmer climate in Daytona and points further south.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I'll be there, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I have been to most of them since 1971. I really enjoy the road racing at the Super speedway.
    This is something that I'm interested in as well. It would be even more interesting to sit somewhere around you so I could find out what's really going on. If it's like my previous trips to the Speedway during Bike Week, I can watch the guys go fast around the track but I'm sure there are a lot of other things going on that I'm missing. This is not something I normally keep up with so, at this point, I'm not even up-to-speed on who the best riders are. I'm sure you and Skip are all over that!

Can't do the Keys thing but love Aunt Catfish. We'll be there.

FYI On north end of Key Largo is a nice place on the water called Alabama Jacks on Card Sound Rd.

Pssst...what are the dates ?

Yo...Big Dawg and Phantom....what are the dates that you folks will be doing this "little" ride ?

Inquiring minds in the Pacific Northwest want to know.....

March 5,6,7 or March 12,13,14

Still fluid and at this point still up in the air.
    Trying to just spend 1 night in Daytona, during Bike Week those hotels like to $250 a night is Highway Robbery, but bikers pay it.

Lightbulb

I ride there every year, be back again! Stay in St. Augustine, usually we pay about $70 per night in St. Augustine Beach (usually Americas Best Value Inn or Sleep Inn) and it makes for a wonderful one hour ride to Daytona on A1A every morning! If you want to be closer and more south then a stay at DeLand is usually good and inexpensive, too.

On the way to Key West I suggest you see Coral Castle, it is a surreal experience if you never been there.

I don't know if I can ride to Key West yet, depends on work, but would like to have breakfast/lunch with you guys in Daytona at some point!

If it is March 12-13-14....count me in. My birdie day is the next day, so I can spend it on the road. I have ridden from Seattle to Daytona several times in March, because that is also when the IBA has their annual Pizza party, and we consider all other pizza parlors in North America closed at that time, so we have to ride to Palm Coast to get any pizza.

Besides, I will be back on the bike after surgery by then, and will need some mileage, to keep up with Dale (hondabikepro).