Bike Down
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Down

Bike Down

2 blocks from the house, woman rear ends me, while I'm sitting at the stop sign, after spending hundreds in Kury Lights. I'm ok though, bike suffered some damage,
    thank God!!!

Cool

As long as you are OK.... and people make fun of me for having lights.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

BogO, please do not assume you are okay. There are many injuries that can occur from being rear ended, especially when on a bike. Take the time to be thoroughly checked out, and spend a few days feeling the pain, before clearing yourself.

And Steve, we only razz you because we love you...Man ! Many of us have added flashing lights to our bikes since that time.

NOTE: Seriously, ask the police to investigate the drivers' cell phone, and see if she was ON the phone...talking or texting...at that time. A phone call log will show it. If she was...she is in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BigO View Post
    2 blocks from the house, woman rear ends me, while I'm sitting at the stop sign, after spending hundreds in Kury Lights. I'm ok though, bike suffered some damage,
    thank God!!!
    Glad you are OK. Lights, Hi-Viz Gear can help but only so much. Lots of distracted drivers and just not engaged. There are lots of accidents involving emergency vehicles especially fire trucks and the number one excuse from drivers "I didn't see it". Bike can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post

And Steve, we only razz you because we love you...Man ! Many of us have added flashing lights to our bikes since that time.
    But Steve has lights and.....CHROME!!!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    As long as you are OK.... and people make fun of me for having lights.....

BigO, glad to hear that you are OK. I had installed a "Back Off" device on another Bike and it works great. For $40, it's worth it.

http://wingstuff.com/products/916-xp...?from_search=1

Steve, it's not the lights that makes us laugh about you ......

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Glad to hear your okay.

Quote Originally Posted by BigO View Post
    thank God!!!
    You live and ride in Florida and the accident happened in Fl. If you fail to seek a medical evaluation for the slightest pain or injury caused by the accident within two weeks of its occurrence, you loose your right to any form of monetary recovery. Its Florida Law! Get checked out by a doctor and get it on record. A copy of the Police Accident Report wouldn't be a bad idea either. Don't be foolish! Protect yourself. Rear-end accident injuries may take several weeks, if not months, to show up.

Thanks Guy's, for your concern's!!

The blue hairs are out to get you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .batman-smiley.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com