Bike Down - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Down

First off, glad you are alright, but the bike is probably not. And for this reason is why I'm proud to say I'm WAY over the top for rear lighting, if a driver behind me does not notice these lights then they either have just had a medical emergency or they are pre occupied with that distraction device also known as a smart phone, though I consider them dumb phones.

Sorry to hear that BigO. That sucks.

I was just talking about you to Big Al today. Hope your scooter isn't hurt too bad.

Glad you are ok.
    Folks we have not got a prayer!
    Woman hit a vehicle from behind today at a stop sign, it was a police car that had stopped to render assistance to a disabled motorist! All lights on looking like a Christmas tree. Guess what? She didn't see it.
    We can blame cell phones, radios, eating, smoking and what ever and I am sure they are a big problem. But YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT FIX STUPID!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fsixb_AZ View Post
    First off, glad you are alright, but the bike is probably not. And for this reason is why I'm proud to say I'm WAY over the top for rear lighting, if a driver behind me does not notice these lights then they either have just had a medical emergency or they are pre occupied with that distraction device also known as a smart phone, though I consider them dumb phones.

I have the same setup as you, minus the brake modulator. Which I will definitely add, when the bike is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    Sorry to hear that BigO. That sucks.

I was just talking about you to Big Al today. Hope your scooter isn't hurt too bad.
    Thanks, Big Al will have another to put back together.

Glad to hear you are ok.....as others have said, get checked out by your doc. Some injuries take a bit to show up. And I'm speaking as a former trauma nurse.

I see a winter project coming on for you. Wait, FL doesn't have winters.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigO glad to hear that you are ok. This is probably the worst crash I have witnessed.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...orcyclist.aspx

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Glad you're OK. I was involved in an accident two months after the purchase of my F6B with over 8,000 dollars in damage. The offending driver had good insurance and everything was repaired by a Honda Dealer that I have done business with in the past.
    As stated by others here get a check up from your Doctor. I felt fine and didn't notice any bumps or pain from my accident, however the next day I could hardly move my head. I claimed my injuries to the drivers insurance that struck me and all of my medical bills were paid in full.
    Take care of yourself first, then repairs to your bike. Hopefully you will have many more enjoyable days on the road on your F6B.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    Take care of yourself first, then repairs to your bike.

Oh...ya see, I did this all backwards. I had the bike fixed first, over $ 10,000.00 in damage to the electrical systems, and now I am finally going to get myself fixed up...surgery in 8 days.

I always seem to get it wrong, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Oh...ya see, I did this all backwards. I had the bike fixed first, over $ 10,000.00 in damage to the electrical systems, and now I am finally going to get myself fixed up...surgery in 8 days.

I always seem to get it wrong, eh?
    HeHe, Miles you crack me up! Good luck with your surgery.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.