F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

Thread: F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As a guy who has owned a 2013 and 2016 F6B, a 2018 Goldwing Standard 6 speed and now a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT I can assure you without a doubt in my mind that the DCT will eat an F6B alive up to top speed.
    I don't care if Marc Marquez is riding the F6B. He will finish second. Flame suit on. Facts are facts.

Beagle

You appear to be the only one commenting here who actually has experience with them all, so thanks for that. Regarding the DCT, if you simply "floor it" from a standstill, will it spin the rear wheel? And I'm not familiar with the traction control Honda uses, but I presume you can turn it off?

With traction control off you will spin the wheel. With traction control on the thing just pulls like an animal. In sport mode the thing will scare the crap out of you if you get on the throttle. My son has a CBR1000RR. First time he came out with me I put it in sport mode and left a light hard and my son was stunned at how fast it launched. But of course in a race he can darn near hit the Wings top speed in first gear.

Beagle

MCN reports 2018 Goldwing runs the quarter at 12.86. Cycle world tested the F6B at 11.84. I think that a lot of guys might be faster on a DCT than a manual shift. Unless you've drag raced alot most of the time you can't take advantage of the full potential of the machine. On a manual shift most guys won't watch the tach and shift at redline. They will short shift and lose to a guy that races regularly. They may have the fastest bike but lack in drag racing skills. On a DCT they can realize the bikes potential because the transmission is determining the shift points. No watching the tach needed. According to the sources above , I think that one second differential would be hard to overcome. I believe the F6B would spank that 1833.