Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
Going to make the 130 mile trip to my dealer tomorrow to look at a couple of left-over 2018 Goldwings (standard models) with the DCT feature as I really like the option of the walking reverse gear available...Unless he can make me a deal impossible to pass up, it will only be a "look see" as I am not prepared to spend a lot of money again as my riding days are slowly coming to a end...Anyone have any experience with this bike and this feature??. Let me know your thoughts if you have time....Regards and Thanks...
I purchased a new to me 2018 Goldwing Tour just before an almost two week trip from Dallas to Seattle. I didn't ride it that much before I left. You will not be disappointed with this bike. I actually had a great time to use the reverse in Tucumcari, New Mexico, leaving the Blue Swallow Motel. I turned and was about to leave the parking lot when I noticed I was about to go down a curb. I put the bike in reverse and backed away from the curb. The pavement was sloped toward the street, and the reverse really worked well and saved me a lot of energy by not having to muscle the bike backwards far enough to miss the curb. You may not always need it, but when you do, it is a very nice feature. With your age (no offense), this could really be a great safety feature and prevent possible injury/tipover.