A different perspective, late to the party

Thread: A different perspective, late to the party

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had just about 27,000 miles on mine when I sold it. That turned off a lot of buyers. For my southern and western friends, 27,000 is high mileage for a lot of northern buyers. It takes someone who rides a lot and/or knows Gold Wings to even pick up the phone to call on a bike with that many miles. Makes for some great deals up here when you can actually find a bike with “high” mileage ... they don’t sell and sellers end up selling them cheap. I paid trade in on VStar five years ago because it had 33,000 miles in it and I was the only one who looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    It takes someone who rides a lot and/or knows Gold Wings to even pick up the phone to call on a bike with that many miles. Makes for some great deals up here when you can actually find a bike with “high” mileage ... they don’t sell and sellers end up selling them cheap.
    I think that's very true. If I were in the market for another GW 50,000 + miles wouldn't bother me a bit as long as I knew the mechanical history and otherwise the bike was well taken care of.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!