For those with multiple bikes...

Thread: For those with multiple bikes...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have three bikes I ride, all very different; My 2004 ZX10R is set up purely for the track, and although it is very much "old school", it has been a great bike to learn on. I have the F6B which is my go - to commuter, grocery getter and cafe hopper. My wife accompanies me often and loves it. We've also toured extensively on it. My third bike is a 2007 Aprilia Tuono, which I've had for several years and gets ridden only occasionally. It's a blast for playing hooligan, but I find myself doing less of that these days! I'm looking to perhaps sell it and get a ZX14R, for some solo sport touring with the guys. I've become accustomed to a fairing and the "naked" Tuono leaves you out in the breeze. I also have a project - my 1980 CBX, but I haven't dug into it yet, and the more I think about it, not sure I'll have the time to ever do it. Might just sell it also, and devote time and resources to travel and track days...

It seems like I have always owned multiple bikes. Right now it my F6B and a 2014 full wing. F6B is sporty local bike, but to go on long trip I prefer the full Wing. I have owned well over 50 bikes in my lifetime. Have sold then regretted doing it. Some of my favorite bikes were Kawasaki Concours I have owned 7 of them. The bike I regret selling the most was my 2000 Valkyrie it was a show stopper. Prettiest bike I ever owned but I just did not ride it enough to keep.