Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
Yes the USB in saddlebag will charge anything chargeable with a USB port. Those jumpstarters will hold a charge for months so seldom do they need a recharge unless used. You do not want to leave it hooked to battery all the time. I did add some false leads coming off the battery so it is easy to hook up a charger but as long as you can get to the battery you should have no problem.
I'm not sure what "false leads" are...But if it's a Battery Tender connector at the end of two leads coming directly from the battery, I guess the trickle charge of one of these devices could run the battery down if the bikes sitting for a week or more.

I'm talking about connecting my "leads" to the auxiliary connections in the fuse box, just ahead of the battery. The auxiliary connections are switched by the key so a 12V lighter outlet gives me all kinds of connection options but only when the bikes running. On a "longer than one day" trip, I can keep the jumpstarter fully charge AND connect two other USB devices to the Jumpstarters USB connections.

FuseBox.jpg

I use the auxiliary saddle bag USB for my music USB drive, and I'm NOT giving up my music. (lol) I could connect a USB hub but don't imagine the USB 5VDC has enough current to drive too many devices at once.