Camelback or similar

Thread: Camelback or similar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can sympathize with your problem. Dehydration is a serious threat during summer riding. I made a hydration system that consists of a one gallon insulated Coleman water jug with 1/4 inch food grade clear plastic tubing and a camelback bite valve. I mad a fixture that bolts to the right rear crash bar and right passenger peg. When you raise the drinking spout on the Coleman gallon jug the opening is big enough you can force the tubing down the spout and into the jug. About six inches from bite valve i wrap the tubing with Velcro and secure it with small tie wraps. A small piece of Velcro with adhesive back stuck to the top of the gas door gives a place to put the hose when you are riding. I can fill the jug with ice and then water and I stay hydrated all day. Making the bracket to go on the crash bar and rear foot peg is the only fabricating required. I used this system for over six years with no problems.

Good Luck
    Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I can sympathize with your problem. Dehydration is a serious threat during summer riding. I made a hydration system that consists of a one gallon insulated Coleman water jug with 1/4 inch food grade clear plastic tubing and a camelback bite valve. I mad a fixture that bolts to the right rear crash bar and right passenger peg. When you raise the drinking spout on the Coleman gallon jug the opening is big enough you can force the tubing down the spout and into the jug. About six inches from bite valve i wrap the tubing with Velcro and secure it with small tie wraps. A small piece of Velcro with adhesive back stuck to the top of the gas door gives a place to put the hose when you are riding. I can fill the jug with ice and then water and I stay hydrated all day. Making the bracket to go on the crash bar and rear foot peg is the only fabricating required. I used this system for over six years with no problems.

Good Luck
    Az Wingrider
    That is exactly something I've been trying to create, off and on. My other option is to design a bracket that would attach to the right front fairing, where my right knee points to. Like an oversized drink holder. I can't bear the thought of drilling into that particular area of the Tupperware though. Possibly two side adhesive tape would work, but the heat from the radiator may soften it too much. Still kicking it around.

For now I just drink as much water as I can at each gas stop. Then I have to pee later. First world problems, I know....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

A cup holder works good for me. A little fabric cooler in the trunk.
    A cup with a straw in the cup holder. I can lean forward and take a sip.
    In hot weather you need to get off and wet your long sleeve shirt. Fishing shirts work nice.
    Keep the sun off as much as possible. I ware an extra large half helmet with a big vizor.
    Or get innovative and design something, then share it with us.
    ITS ALL GOOD