Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

Thread: Labor Day Weekend 2023 ??? Interest ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    One of my team members was up on Cherohala this past weekend in his Miata. He took the Rafter Rd. bypass and said it was no issue as they apparently had groomed the road pretty well with about 3 miles of it being packed gravel and the remainder asphalt. Here are a couple of pics of the road. For information purposes only as YMMV.

Attachment 9035Attachment 9036
    Thanks F6Pilot, I think it's best that we stick to asphalt.

I would hate to have anyone go down in the mountains again. I already dealt with two accidents a few years ago.
    4 wheelers on gravel.... thats a lot of fun

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I put in 545 miles today and got home at 7pm. It was a great time running around Western NC with you guys. The Tail of the Dragon was a nice run and the BRP is always a pleasant ride. I love the cooler weather on the BRP. It was Nice putting faces with the names I see on the board. My first gathering with the "B" team. Well, there were a few "B's" there. I'm sure I'll make some more. Tony has the pic's I took so he'll post. Ride safe all and thanks for a enjoyable Labor Day weekend Ride.

All in all, I did just over 1,425 miles. Got home mid afternoon, bike is clean, now to change the oil. I think while it is still hot, I'll get a Russell Day Long seat put on.
    Great seeing y'all. Seeing old riding buddies (us? old? nah!), and meeting new ones. Thanks for setting it up Tony!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B