Any Feedback on Kendon MC trailers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Feedback on Kendon MC trailers?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Any Feedback on Kendon MC trailers?

I have an opportunity to get a 2001 single for a ~fair~ price.

(Due to my 'suburban' living, I have no place to store a covered / utility type trailer, so a fold-up type would be a plus)

I understand it's not really a 'ride your bike on' type trailer,,,

I also understand it's a short trailer which isn't the easiest to back up,,, (No big deal for this old Farm-boy!)

Anybody here have any other intel on Kendon's?

Thanks,

shooter
    I have a Kendon single ride on. I have hauled my M109R on it a lot. It pulls great. Mine has the torsion suspension. The ride on feature is the best. You ride the bike into the chock and step off. Just got back from an 850 mile trip with it. Best part it cuts my fuel mileage less than 1 mpg.

It does look like it would aerodynamically 'tuck in' behind my truck rather well.

There's a 2001 in excellent condition advertised locally for 1G

I've been renting trailers for about a week each year now,, going on 4-6 years,,, As long as I didn't have to pay to store a trailer, I'd make out OK in a few years,,,

Where is the link or Pic……..
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Scot on a trailer that old the bearings need repacked and checked along with new seals. Also if its the original tires , regardless of condition they must be replaced. If its in good shape its worth the grand. New one is 2.5 times that. They do pull really sweet. 80 mph in prob. The ride for the bike is exceptionally soft.

Mine did ok last week................

Texas to NC and really couldn't tell it was there. I fold it up against the wall in my garage and my bike sits underneath the stone guard. It was meant for two bikes but I took the 2 rails off and put a ride on wheel chock in the middle.Attachment 6285

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Where is the link or Pic……..
    http://houston.craigslist.org/mpo/4516679925.html

It's probably an hour or so away.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Scot on a trailer that old the bearings need repacked and checked along with new seals. Also if its the original tires , regardless of condition they must be replaced. If its in good shape its worth the grand. New one is 2.5 times that. They do pull really sweet. 80 mph in prob. The ride for the bike is exceptionally soft.
    Yep. 1st step would be check/pack,,,,

Supposed to have new tires,,, (link above)

New seals would be a smart move. I'm sure a bearing house could match them up, or a 'real' auto parts store maybe?

shooter
    Be careful when you pull the seals and they will have a number on them. My trailer has bearing buddies OE. I don't know about the older ones. If someone has kept it greased everything may be ok. Unfortunately the only way you know is to pull the seals , pop the bearings out , clean them off and look at the condition of the bearing and race. Shiny , smooth , and no pitts or grooves is good. Repack with a bearing grease. I use Mobil 1 Synthetic. Tighten snugly, spinning the hub as you tighten, don't over tighten. Once the nut is snug, back off slightly and install a new cotter key. Done and you have peace of mind.

You can also look at the Kendon website and buy the kit that makes older trailers true ride up capable. I did it to my 2007 single Kendon. Makes all the difference when you can ride it up on the trailer.