I too just pulled the trigger! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I too just pulled the trigger!

Been to darn cold to put on my new Corbin Saddle out in the old carport!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Did Ultimate send you a pic of the seat? Its not on their website yet. I'd love to see what it looks like.
    I should have mine in 3 weeks, I will post pictures when it comes in.

NO

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Did Ultimate send you a pic of the seat? Its not on their website yet. I'd love to see what it looks like.
    They said it looks just like the Midrider but moves you back about 1 1/2" from stock seating position. Also it is suppose to be the same height as stock seat. I am 6'6" about 220lb and need as much leg room as I can get.

Again, I know that seats and their comfort are an individual choice....but, I personally like the seat on my F6B and it works for me..I really have other ways to spend $600 right now....Maybe later next year I will change my mind after more miles in the saddle, but for now I will stick with the stock seat..Fits my old butt fine.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Again, I know that seats and their comfort are an individual choice....but, I personally like the seat on my F6B and it works for me..I really have other ways to spend $600 right now....Maybe later next year I will change my mind after more miles in the saddle, but for now I will stick with the stock seat..Fits my old butt fine.....
    I'm with you Opas, my first thoughts were that I wanted a Russell, but the more I ride my bike, I don't even think about switching seats. I've only done 500 miles in a day so far, "butt" no complaints. Plus, I like the looks of the stocker.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    If you can ride all day long and never think once about yer butt,,, no reason to change.

If not,,,,

I felt the same way. I even posted this was the best stock seat I ever rode. However, after about 6 months and 12000 or so miles, the stock seat began to breakdown and my butt and back began to hurt after a hour or so riding.

I know this is an Ultimate seat thread so I will refrain from gushing over my Mustang. Point is, the stock seat is a pretty good seat for a while. Any long rides, and certainly some miles piled up over time and you might be looking for an alternative. I know I was and am very pleased the market has stepped up and provided us several options.

I recently rode two 1100 mile, 15.5 hour in the saddle days. I never could have done that with a stock seat.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So far so good for me too on the stock seat, and actually if anything it has gotten a bit better as it broke in. The true test, like most of us, will come this spring/summer once some trips are planned and taken.

I think next on my list of money I can't avoid spending will be a Madstad.

great!

I'm happy for you that the stock seat works for you BUT it does not work for me. Maybe because I'm 6'6" tall about 220 lbs with a 38" inseam has someting to do with it. I also have other things to spend money on but if I want to ride this bike for any length of time a different seat is required!

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    I'm happy for you that the stock seat works for you BUT it does not work for me. Maybe because I'm 6'6" tall about 220 lbs with a 38" inseam has someting to do with it. I also have other things to spend money on but if I want to ride this bike for any length of time a different seat is required!
    Yes, I know what you are dealing with....My son-in-law is a big guy and has the Ultimate seat on his Valkyrie..If I needed a different seat I would certainly consider the one your getting....Good luck and ride safe....