Cold Temps next 4 days
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold Temps next 4 days

Cold Temps next 4 days

Folks, this is very serious weather that will be coming down from the Arctic, and will be blasting the upper Midwest states, as well as the Eastern states for the next 4 days. This kind of cold weather is NOT a joke, or to be taken lightly. They are predicting that the temps will be COLDER that anything the lower 48 states have seen in the past 20 years.

They are even talking about SNOW as far South as Alabama and Florida.

For those of you in the path of this Arctic blast, be prepared for temps as low as a -50 to a -60 degrees in some places. If you have never experienced that in your lifetime, it can kill....quickly. Prepare your homes, cars, bikes, everything, because it can freeze things up and cause severe damage.

Please....be prepared, and do NOT underestimate how it is going to get.

Even in Central Florida it will be around 30" Tues and Wed AM..... not good.... but then 3 days later 80'...Sweet ! P. S. 80" this Sun as well.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Parents are in Iowa. Looks like single digits (below zero) for them for the next few days. They have a tractor-powered generator if the power goes out. 1000 gal LP tank to heat the house.

(I remember spending several nights as a child in the basement of the old house when a storm would make the power go out,,, No heat but a kerosene stove. We thought we were 'uptown' when we got a Coleman stove to cook on!!! )

North Dakota will be in the icebox,,,

Be safe, take care of yourself and your critters!!!!

It was 2 here last night, but went into the 20's today here. I swear I don't know how the upper states do it. I hope all a safe couple of days ahead and please bring in your pets.

Take care of your critters. Bring them in.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Have already had -20 here a couple of times this winter . Will be interesting to see what the next couple of days bring as far as wind chill goes.

Supposed to be 9 degrees Tuesday morning in the greater Charlotte area. Pretty cold for the Carolinas! I will be taking the short 20 mile route to work for sure.

Took advantage of some 76/77 degree temps to get in a 75 mile jaunt with several friends. The 20/40 degree temps arrive in the Citra Fl. area Tuesday morning. With a projected "hard freeze" for most of Northern Florida there will be no escaping the cold unless I head for the Keys

Cold!

We are expecting an air temp tonight of -30-35 with wind chills in the -60-70 degree range tonight. I worked on one of my cars in my heated shop this afternoon with the gas furnace set at 55 degrees. I was comfortable with a light jacket and cap on. The furnace ran about every 45 minutes. I'm sure glad my contractor advised me to super insulate with foam insulation in the walls and double insulation in the ceiling and attic. We also put in the highest grade overhead garage doors which also have insulated glass windows. I doubt that heating my shop without these upgrades would have been practical. This shop was many years in planning and it has already proven to be my Winter sanctuary as I am now retired. So by Spring/May I will have everything buffed, polished, tweaked, tightened, adjusted, upgraded, modified, painted, lubed, inflated, deflated, jacked up, jacked down and ready for Spring!

Eskimo cold

You know it's cold when Weather Bug uses an igloo to illustrate how cold it is.
    Feel sorry for the people in Central Minnesota. Actual temps of -35 this morning, with wind chills of 60 below.
    Attachment 3659
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always try to positively influence a negative situation. ~author unknown

Mine: '13 Gray Metallic
    The wife's: '13 F6B Black
    (Double) Darksider #487
    Michelin Alpin (current)
    Battle Axe BT45
    Proud to be a FREE American and I thank the Vets that did it for me!!!

'08 Titanium Wing
    '79 Yamaha 750 Special
    '78 Honda 750, '72 Honda 350, '73 Suzuki 250, '75 Suzuki 185, '72 Suzuki 90