North Texas Riders

Thread: North Texas Riders

North Texas Riders

Hey you guys from north Texas. I don't know about ya'll, but I've got cabin fever here in OKC. I haven't seen anyone else from Okieland on the forum, so I'm asking you guys south of the Red River to let me know of any day trips, or other, you've got coming up and I'll meet ya somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Hey you guys from north Texas. I don't know about ya'll, but I've got cabin fever here in OKC. I haven't seen anyone else from Okieland on the forum, so I'm asking you guys south of the Red River to let me know of any day trips, or other, you've got coming up and I'll meet ya somewhere.
    How far are you from Denton? That's about four hrs from Austin. I wouldn't mind doing a trip up to N. Texas one of these days, but weather has been crappy. Any good destinations up there?

Shoot me a message if you get down into central Texas -- lots of good riding down here.

About the best riding up here (I live near Denton) is the Talimena Scenic Highway which runs from SE Oklahoma to W Arkansas. It is a nice stretch of twists and turns in the hills much like riding in the Hill Country west of Austin. It would be a great place to meet up and ride in the Spring for North Texas and Oklahoma riders.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    How far are you from Denton? That's about four hrs from Austin. I wouldn't mind doing a trip up to N. Texas one of these days, but weather has been crappy. Any good destinations up there?

Shoot me a message if you get down into central Texas -- lots of good riding down here.
    I'm 3 1/2 hours from DFW area. May have to come do a Hill country ride. I'd go for some BBQ in LLano! There's Arkansas, southeast Oklahoma, with some good riding too.