No Cruise for 2014
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Cruise for 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yup, We all knew they didn't have cruise when we bought them. But some are apparently like me and had grown used to having the feature and did not realize how much they would miss it on this bike. I agree with Pete, the Labor for installation would be the killer on any addition rather it be Rostra, or MC cruise. As he said the Rostra unit cost me less than $350, but you do have to fabricate some brackets, and deal with all of the electrical. If the Mc Cruise is plug and play it may very well be worth it??? I guess that would depend on your skill set, and how deep your pockets are. I personally can not think of a tech in my area at either a dealer, or an independent shop I would trust with this installation. In my case I decided to fix the piss poor paint with a repaint and knock out the cruise control project at the same time and in reality I am very happy I did both.

jkelly +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

yeah same boat here with the cruise, it would be nice but I've learned to live without it. If I need it that bad I'll ride my Victory. The Go Cruise works great and spending well over $1000 for convenience is just kinda crazy. Not to mention it looks like they put the controls on the wrong side of the handlebars, shouldn't that be on the other side? You know thumb style operation? I know Audiovox used to make one, my buddy put it on a VStrom and it worked great for years and it was sub $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    yeah same boat here with the cruise, it would be nice but I've learned to live without it. If I need it that bad I'll ride my Victory. The Go Cruise works great and spending well over $1000 for convenience is just kinda crazy. Not to mention it looks like they put the controls on the wrong side of the handlebars, shouldn't that be on the other side? You know thumb style operation? I know Audiovox used to make one, my buddy put it on a VStrom and it worked great for years and it was sub $200.
    I installed mine on the right side. Some have bought stock Goldwing switches and wired those in for a factory looking install as well.

F6Bcruise.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    I installed mine on the right side. Some have bought stock Goldwing switches and wired those in for a factory looking install as well.

Attachment 3715

Is that the Audiovox unit? How hard was that to install?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    It's a part of the frustration of this subject matter,,, Very few have a true idea of what it takes to put cruise on an F6B.

Many think it's just a small oversight,,, easy to add,,,

I read once where all Honda had to do was add switches to the bars and 'turn it on' in the ECU,,,

If you review the attached thread, you will have an idea of what is involved with the cruise install. Although this installation is quite involved, a person with good mechanical skills & some electrical knowledge should be able to install one on their bike.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...cruise+control

If anyone attempts this install, post any questions on this site and someone who done this before will be able to help.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    It's a part of the frustration of this subject matter,,, Very few have a true idea of what it takes to put cruise on an F6B.

I read once where all Honda had to do was add switches to the bars and 'turn it on' in the ECU,,,
    That would be nice but not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

You would be correct IF the bike was equipped with "throttle by wire". The F6B use a cable driven throttle body.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Is that the Audiovox unit? How hard was that to install?
    NO, it is the Rostra unit, and the install is quite involved but well worth it!