No Cruise for 2014

Thread: No Cruise for 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

real cruise

Quote Originally Posted by daleglide View Post
    I have had negative comments from you in the past and so my replies may seem jaded. So lets start the new year off right. All you had to say was "Great post thanks for the pictures!" I respect you and you respect me. No stirring the pot with sarcasm and subtle negative comments and lets both try to live up to the old sales pitch: "You meet the nicest people on a Honda." ... Peace?
    Dale, I like your positive thinking and anything can be done as long as you have the $$$. After having a couple of bikes with real cruise control there is no going back, period. Love it on a long trip burning up the highway. My riding buddies all say the same, never going without again. To each his own i guess.

Ride safe all,
    Doug

Well I like cruise as well also, when it becomes available I will order one.
    If the f6b had cruise I would not have three 1800 Goldwing I would sell
    the 02.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Well I like cruise as well also, when it becomes available I will order one.
    If the f6b had cruise I would not have three 1800 Goldwing I would sell
    the 02.
    There is a thread on this very board on how to install Rostra cruise for 1/3 of the cost of the Australian product and almost the same amount of work
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    As many have said before, buy a 2014 Wing in black, ride it 'as is' or 'retro fit' it with the F6B parts of your liking.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/gold-wing/colors.aspx

You can get (and pay for) all the bells and whistles that way. Cruise, ABS, Reverse, Navi, etc etc etc

If ya don't want/need that stuff, look for the de-contented version of the Wing,,, the F6B.

No matter where Honda draws the line, someone will say it should have been drawn elsewhere.

The answer is really very simple, just buy a Wing and cut the trunk off!

Is it hard to do a trunk removal on a Wing and make it like an F6B? Wasn't sure anyone made a kit like that. I have to admit that would be tempting that way you'd have a heated seat, ABS, Navi and Cruise. Hmmm

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Is it hard to do a trunk removal on a Wing and make it like an F6B? Wasn't sure anyone made a kit like that. I have to admit that would be tempting that way you'd have a heated seat, ABS, Navi and Cruise. Hmmm
    All OEM parts. Bolt off, bolt on.
    Schroders (sp?) did one a while back, but they started out with a BLUE 2013 wing. The tri-color bike they ended up with didn't really look quite right.

Cruise control, and other musings.

Folks-
    The 2013 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom that was traded in for my 2013 F6B had cruise control. This was one feature that I was looking forward to using, but I ended up using it very infrequently. I don't miss cruise control on the F6B, and would be unlikely to order it if it was available from Honda.

The F6B brakes are much better those on the ABS-equipped Road Glide. That turned out to be a surprising discovery.

The factory-installed heated grips of the F6B Deluxe work at least as well as H-D accessory heated grips. (I've used four different sets on three different Harleys.)

Honda likely kept the cruise control off of the F6B to meet a price point for the American marketplace. The Owners Manual says that Canadian F6Bs are equipped with a tool kit, while US-market F6Bs are not. This may or may not seem rational... If one wants to solve a mystery, they need only look at Harley-Davidson, as there are plenty of marketing mysteries there.

Lucas in Phoenix