No Cruise for 2014 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Cruise for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Reading this argument is driving me nuts. I love the F6B But I miss the Hell out of CRUISE CONTROL. I am one of the yahoo's that would pay for an aftermarket unit. I'm sure many others would as well. Perhaps someone will come out with a self install kit. Like I said, I love the F6B and quite frankly don't think much of the Full touring Goldwing and never have. I have no doubt that if someone comes out with a do it yourself Cruise Control it will sell like Hot cakes!.........................Dickie
    I don't know about being a "yahoo"? but I also think there are many that would pay! after all when Harley came out with cruise and it was optional when ordering a bike the sticker was $1000 and they sold many of them.
    Wiring believe it or not is completely different ON the F6B and the standard Gold Wing. If you look at the previous threads on cruise Pete explains it a little but basically the cruise harness is not there, the throttle boss is not there, the ECM's are possibly different etc. It can be done! Has been done! and I am sure a person with some mechanical skill, basic electrical knowledge, and some determination could probably do it. The procedure with pictures is fairly well laid out in another thread that I followed with some modification. I am not an electrical expert by any means but there are some people on here that have that skill set and are very willing to answer questions. I simply followed what bstroh had done and he did most all of the leg work and figured out all of the components like the pulse divider, resistors etc. The parts list has been posted with all of the components, the brackets that were fabricated have pictures so basically you just have to decide if you think you can do it. If you can change the air filter on one, and do some fabrication of the needed brackets I would think you may have the mechanical ability. If you can follow direction and PROPERLY tap into a few wires ( soldering etc ) I would think you should be able to do it.
    However, ( disclaimer ) this is not an easy job that can be done in a day or so! It is what I would consider major surgery so to speak and I guess you could screw up in a big way if you were not very sure of yourself and if in doubt you might want to consider leaving it alone or finding someone that could do it for you. I am really happy with adding it to my bike and would do it again in a second especially now that I have been down that road the task is not nearly as daunting as it once seemed to be. If you decide you have the ability I would suggest printing out the entire "cruise" thread, study every word, ask questions on anything that might not be crystal clear, order your parts and take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    I don't know about being a "yahoo"? but I also think there are many that would pay! after all when Harley came out with cruise and it was optional when ordering a bike the sticker was $1000 and they sold many of them.
    Wiring believe it or not is completely different ON the F6B and the standard Gold Wing. If you look at the previous threads on cruise Pete explains it a little but basically the cruise harness is not there, the throttle boss is not there, the ECM's are possibly different etc. It can be done! Has been done! and I am sure a person with some mechanical skill, basic electrical knowledge, and some determination could probably do it. The procedure with pictures is fairly well laid out in another thread that I followed with some modification. I am not an electrical expert by any means but there are some people on here that have that skill set and are very willing to answer questions. I simply followed what bstroh had done and he did most all of the leg work and figured out all of the components like the pulse divider, resistors etc. The parts list has been posted with all of the components, the brackets that were fabricated have pictures so basically you just have to decide if you think you can do it. If you can change the air filter on one, and do some fabrication of the needed brackets I would think you may have the mechanical ability. If you can follow direction and PROPERLY tap into a few wires ( soldering etc ) I would think you should be able to do it.
    However, ( disclaimer ) this is not an easy job that can be done in a day or so! It is what I would consider major surgery so to speak and I guess you could screw up in a big way if you were not very sure of yourself and if in doubt you might want to consider leaving it alone or finding someone that could do it for you. I am really happy with adding it to my bike and would do it again in a second especially now that I have been down that road the task is not nearly as daunting as it once seemed to be. If you decide you have the ability I would suggest printing out the entire "cruise" thread, study every word, ask questions on anything that might not be crystal clear, order your parts and take your time.
    I've been in Law Enforcement my whole life and not mechanically or electrically inclined. I Read the previous thread and have no Idea what they are talking about with the different component's within the Cruise Control package. If I ordered the parts I would have no Idea where to put them. Perhaps someone here on the Forum would be interested in installing this for me. I do ok reading install directions and following video's but to buy the components and figure what does what with what is out for me. Anybody Want to HELP?..........................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I've been in Law Enforcement my whole life and not mechanically or electrically inclined. I Read the previous thread and have no Idea what they are talking about with the different component's within the Cruise Control package. If I ordered the parts I would have no Idea where to put them. Perhaps someone here on the Forum would be interested in installing this for me. I do ok reading install directions and following video's but to buy the components and figure what does what with what is out for me. Anybody Want to HELP?..........................Dickie
    If you were in my area I would be glad to HELP you. I am sure there are some in your area that can and will?

I installed mine on the right side. Some have bought stock Goldwing switches and wired those in for a factory looking install as well.

Attachment 3715

Is that the Audiovox unit? How hard was that to install?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    It's a part of the frustration of this subject matter,,, Very few have a true idea of what it takes to put cruise on an F6B.

Many think it's just a small oversight,,, easy to add,,,

I read once where all Honda had to do was add switches to the bars and 'turn it on' in the ECU,,,

If you review the attached thread, you will have an idea of what is involved with the cruise install. Although this installation is quite involved, a person with good mechanical skills & some electrical knowledge should be able to install one on their bike.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...cruise+control

If anyone attempts this install, post any questions on this site and someone who done this before will be able to help.

Barry

I installed mine on the right side. Some have bought stock Goldwing switches and wired those in for a factory looking install as well.

Attachment 3715
    Just a simple question! Why the redundancy of the Go-Cruise on your throttle grip (pic) when you have installed electronic cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Just a simple question! Why the redundancy of the Go-Cruise on your throttle grip (pic) when you have installed electronic cruise?
    Pretty simple, I had just finished the install and testing and had not removed the go cruise. it has since been removed and given away. My oversight for taking the pic with it on there, but I wanted to show the switches installed on the right side instead of the left as others have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    Is that the Audiovox unit? How hard was that to install?
    NO, it is the Rostra unit, and the install is quite involved but well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    If you review the attached thread, you will have an idea of what is involved with the cruise install. Although this installation is quite involved, a person with good mechanical skills & some electrical knowledge should be able to install one on their bike.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...cruise+control

If anyone attempts this install, post any questions on this site and someone who done this before will be able to help.

Barry
    +++1