New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B

IamBatmanF6B
    If you are a taller rider then long distance rides may be a little rough on you. I am 6'4" and rode mine from Indiana to Sturgis and it was tough on the legs. I am 30 years old and have always liked the Goldwing platform and when the F6B came out with the gunslinger seat I thought it would work for me. I love the F6B but I just can't get used to the mid rider position. Other than that reliability wise these things are awesome! They are a Honda! A whole lot more dependable than my Harley! Ride on of these out to Sturgis like I did and you will definitely turn some heads especially with a Harley tour pack mounted on it.

Backrest, Handlebar Risers and Highway pegs will fix that riding position for you.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm 54 years old and 5' 11" on a good day. It was suggested that the first mod to change is the windscreen to make it taller. Is that true? I took my test drive with a full face helmet so I didn't notice a difference. If you are riding with a 1/2 helmet how is the wind in your face with the standard windscreen? I have been riding for many years and my VTX is the first bike I rode with a windscreen and I don't think I will ever go back to not having one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigGreyDawg View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm 54 years old and 5' 11" on a good day. It was suggested that the first mod to change is the windscreen to make it taller. Is that true?

For 93.14159% of us, that is true. Almost everyone changes out the windshield as the first thing they change on the bike. Like you, I am 5'11" on a good day, and we both know what that means. I must caution you, in that there is a myriad of new windshields now available for the new F6B. In the days of yore.......back in the ancient days of early 2013, when the F6B first arrived on the horizon, there were very few choices for aftermarket windshields, and those of us that bought the bikes early, were left scampering for what was available back then. Fast forward 10 months, which is an Eon in aftermarket time....and you now have available to you a very large selection of aftermarket windshields, and....with that large of selection, you also are faced with a very large and varied opinions from all the different riders as to what works, and doesn't work for them, in the world of aftermarket windshields.

My advice, for what it is worth.....take your time in selecting a new windshield. Given the time of year, and that there is a very strong possibility that you may have to make a couple purchases of aftermarket windshields to find the ONE that makes you happy....(kind of like shopping for a wife)
    I would suggest that you go to www.wingstuff.com , which just happens to be a forum sponsor here, and join that vendor as a VIP member. The small cost of joining as a VIP member, will save you a LOT of money over the next year. That vendor, WingStuff, offers a wide variety of windshields, and will save you money when you have to change from windhsield A to windhsield B, and finally settle on windshield C.

Despite what your wallet, and bank account, and wife..., may be thinking, you ARE going to spend money on this new bike during the first year, and a smaller amount during subsequent years. Joining WingStuff as a VIP member has honestly saved me over $ 1,000.00 during the first year, in discounted savings and free shipping.

Take your time........carefully look at ALL the new windshields that are available for this new bike. Read all the posts on this forum about all the new windshields, and be prepared to start collecting windshields for this bike, like most of us have done.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm 54 years old and 5' 11" on a good day. It was suggested that the first mod to change is the windscreen to make it taller. Is that true? I took my test drive with a full face helmet so I didn't notice a difference. If you are riding with a 1/2 helmet how is the wind in your face with the standard windscreen? I have been riding for many years and my VTX is the first bike I rode with a windscreen and I don't think I will ever go back to not having one.
    All but a couple of 6 owners opt for taller shields. OEM is 'nice' for hot days at side road speeds/semi short distance. There is a ton of air coming at your upper body/head. Gets to be 'unnecessary/annoying' on longer rides/superslab speeds.

If you had a shield on the X, I'm willing to wager the OEM shield on the 6 will 'come up short' on comfort/protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    For 93.14159% of us, that is true. Almost everyone changes out the windshield as the first thing they change on the bike. Like you, I am 5'11" on a good day, and we both know what that means. I must caution you, in that there is a myriad of new windshields now available for the new F6B. In the days of yore.......back in the ancient days of early 2013, when the F6B first arrived on the horizon, there were very few choices for aftermarket windshields, and those of us that bought the bikes early, were left scampering for what was available back then. Fast forward 10 months, which is an Eon in aftermarket time....and you now have available to you a very large selection of aftermarket windshields, and....with that large of selection, you also are faced with a very large and varied opinions from all the different riders as to what works, and doesn't work for them, in the world of aftermarket windshields.

My advice, for what it is worth.....take your time in selecting a new windshield. Given the time of year, and that there is a very strong possibility that you may have to make a couple purchases of aftermarket windshields to find the ONE that makes you happy....(kind of like shopping for a wife)
    I would suggest that you go to www.wingstuff.com , which just happens to be a forum sponsor here, and join that vendor as a VIP member. The small cost of joining as a VIP member, will save you a LOT of money over the next year. That vendor, WingStuff, offers a wide variety of windshields, and will save you money when you have to change from windhsield A to windhsield B, and finally settle on windshield C.

Despite what your wallet, and bank account, and wife..., may be thinking, you ARE going to spend money on this new bike during the first year, and a smaller amount during subsequent years. Joining WingStuff as a VIP member has honestly saved me over $ 1,000.00 during the first year, in discounted savings and free shipping.

Take your time........carefully look at ALL the new windshields that are available for this new bike. Read all the posts on this forum about all the new windshields, and be prepared to start collecting windshields for this bike, like most of us have done.

Thanks for the advice!

I do find it kinda funny that my original thinking for buying the F6B was that I buy it and ride it. No accessories would be necessary. Now I see a windshield, highway pegs and floorboard (I got used to those on the VTX and I love'em), which means the necessity of a heal shifter. I'm almost scared to ask, but I love living on the wild side, what other accessories are necessary for this bike?

Just get a better windshield and ride...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice!

I do find it kinda funny that my original thinking for buying the F6B was that I buy it and ride it. No accessories would be necessary. Now I see a windshield, highway pegs and floorboard (I got used to those on the VTX and I love'em), which means the necessity of a heal shifter. I'm almost scared to ask, but I love living on the wild side, what other accessories are necessary for this bike?
    Kury mini boards work for many.

Slim pickens on H/T shifters. (If you go that way, be sure to keep it in top-notch condition/fully lubed and free-acting as many blame a H/T on tranny issues)

and,

=)

Name one bike you DIDN'T add some accessories to! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Kury mini boards work for many.

Slim pickens on H/T shifters. (If you go that way, be sure to keep it in top-notch condition/fully lubed and free-acting as many blame a H/T on tranny issues)

and,

=)

Name one bike you DIDN'T add some accessories to! LOL!!!
    Point - Counter Point

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Just get a better windshield and ride...

I wholeheartedly agree. Otherwise we open a very large can of worms about ALL the accessories we have all added onto these bikes.

Just buy a windshield.......and RIDE !