New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To Forum - Considering to buy F6B

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigGreyDawg View Post
    Thanks for the advice!

I do find it kinda funny that my original thinking for buying the F6B was that I buy it and ride it. No accessories would be necessary. Now I see a windshield, highway pegs and floorboard (I got used to those on the VTX and I love'em), which means the necessity of a heal shifter. I'm almost scared to ask, but I love living on the wild side, what other accessories are necessary for this bike?

If you get the F6B, you're going to fall in love with it. Regarding the extras, you've got time now to explore the forum for ideas and opinions before you start equiping the new ride. As already mentioned, Wingstuff (and other forum sponsors) have a ton of good stuff. Regarding the windshield, broaden your investigation to include the Madstad which has gotten very popular and has been well covered here on the forum. And if you were to go with the Kury Mini Boards, you'd probably find that you don't need the heel and toe shifter. There're a ton of opinions and lots of advice here which make interesting reading and will help you avoid costly mistakes too. Welcome.

To those new to the Gold Wing F6B, one size dose not fit all Honda only produce one size. The morel of this is make the bike fit you. This will give you more time to enjoy the ride.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Riding a gold Wing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Oh dear. I saw that can and tossed it into the recycle bin. Am I doomed now? I don't think I need any testosterone to ride my F6B.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Oh dear. I saw that can and tossed it into the recycle bin. Am I doomed now? I don't think I need any testosterone to ride my F6B.
    Nah,,,,,,,,,,, You get a free pass on that one, Elin!

Great thread. I, too, have a VTX1300. Looking at this F6B. I, too, like the floor boards and heel shifter. And the VTX looks cool. Trying to adjust to the F6B look. I do like moving away from the HD collective look, though.

In East Tennessee, two dealers are really working to move their final 2013s out. Can get a base model for less than 16,500. Deluxe for 17,900. Very tempting.

Let's keep this thread going.

Good deals are only "good deals" if the buyer is happy with the purchase and dealer...Many offer great prices but in reality the end OTD price, taxes, prep, destination chgs, etc.etc. is generally much higher....Good Luck on your choice of the F6B it is truly a great ride...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Good deals are only "good deals" if the buyer is happy with the purchase and dealer...Many offer great prices but in reality the end OTD price, taxes, prep, destination chgs, etc.etc. is generally much higher....Good Luck on your choice of the F6B it is truly a great ride...
    $16400 plus tax. That's it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    $16400 plus tax. That's it.
    I'm sure a lot of us have paid more than that,,,

Sure, it's "last years model' now, but if ya plan on keeping it for '''years''', it isn't that big of a deal. Nothing changed for 2014 other than red has been replaced by yellow.

An observation: at out initial F6B rally in Franklin we had 13 F6B's and some other bikes. All 13 F6B's had aftermarket windshields. All as in ALL. I purchased mine in Chattanooga and on my 60 mile ride home the wind bout tore my head off. The OEM screen looks good but like the passenger backrest and luggage rack it is far from road functional. As has been stated many times. Get the wind-screen and ride. Everything else is optional to your tastes and fitment. Yep, it is a Honda, no worries.
    Howdy Bill. Pull the trigger friend. Greetings also to HornBlower, Miles, BlackBetty, ScottiD,Phanton, Steve0800, Barry, Dawg, and all you good friends in F6B land. And where are you ConTec?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    An observation: at out initial F6B rally in Franklin we had 13 F6B's and some other bikes. All 13 F6B's had aftermarket windshields. All as in ALL. I purchased mine in Chattanooga and on my 60 mile ride home the wind bout tore my head off. The OEM screen looks good but like the passenger backrest and luggage rack it is far from road functional. As has been stated many times. Get the wind-screen and ride. Everything else is optional to your tastes and fitment. Yep, it is a Honda, no worries.
    Howdy Bill. Pull the trigger friend. Greetings also to HornBlower, Miles, BlackBetty, ScottiD,Phanton, Steve0800, Barry, Dawg, and all you good friends in F6B land. And where are you ConTec?
    Rick, Glad to see you back on the board

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.