Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on 2013 Harley Ultra Limited

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

there's a reason for everything

i'd wonder "why" it's for sale.

before i got my f6b, i had 2 electraglides ('96 & '08),
    i liked them fine, but, as my riding buddy says, he never saw a h-d service dept that wasn't full of bikes
    (and we visited ALOT of them , lol)

until they resolve their throttle-by-wire problems, i will never get on one again

peace of mind....priceless

just my opinion
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

HD Electraglide

I have a 2000 Elactraglide with 140,000 kms (85,000 miles) on it and a newly purchased, not yet ridden, F6B. I have made some upgrades to the Harley, such as 1550 cc cylinders, gear drive cams, SE heads, but none were necessary. I am still on the stock drive belt, the engine and drivetrain are fine. The reliability has been good. The handling is fine through the twisties (come ride with me on the 511 to Calabogie). The brakes could be better, the fronts stronger and the rear not so easy to lock up. The only weak spot is the cam-chain tensioners, which may not be an issue on the 2013 model year due to a redesign.

Having said all that, the 2013 and earlier bikes have dropped in value due to the major changes in the 2014 models. As was previously noted, unless you get a super deal on the 2013, get a 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Miwhite View Post
    I have a 2000 Elactraglide with 140,000 kms (85,000 miles) on it... "The handling is fine through the twisties (come ride with me on the 511 to Calabogie)"....

and a newly purchased, not yet ridden, F6B. .
    Wait until you ride the F6B through the twisties!

I feel buying a 2013 would be a huge mistake. The 14s have major changes that make the 13s obsolete. I think future resale or trade in would be a disaster. If I was to buy a new Harley it would be a 14, but I would strongly consider waiting a few months and buying a low mileage used one. They are already starting to show up on Ebay and you should be able to do as well or better then a 13.
    Jakec

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Wait until you ride the F6B through the twisties!
    Can't wait for spring to see how the F6B handles the twisties. I've ridden a Goldwing and was impressed by the smoothness, handling and power. The F6B can only be better with less weight and no trunk.

I have never ridden a Harley but I love the looks and the sound of them. I am more of a sport(touring) bike rider so they really never appealed to me. I may need to go test ride one to mark it off my bucket list though.

All I know is my F6B does exactly what I want a bike to do. No other bike could do it better for me and I'm happy as hell.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwhite View Post
    Can't wait for spring to see how the F6B handles the twisties. I've ridden a Goldwing and was impressed by the smoothness, handling and power. The F6B can only be better with less weight and no trunk.
    In/out of the curves,,,"Seamless" is the one word I would use to describe the F6B. For such a ~large~ bike, that big girl can BOOGIE!!!

HD over F6B

I have had two Harleys...1996 Electra Glide Standard, and 2008 Street Glide (sold in 2009). I also rented a 2013 Electra Glide Classic this past summer.

I have also owned 4 Goldwings (77, 84, 86, 94). Ride, reliability, and performance for all of them were much better than the HD's. They were all used bikes that NEVER broke down or had any problems.

When I bought my first new Harley in 96 it broke down on the way home from the dealership (bad ECM). After that issue was resolved it didn't give me much problems and I had fun adding all the chrome goodies and performance mods. The heat from the motor in Sacramento valley during the summer was rough, and the carbed motor was VERY sluggish riding in the mountains. I enjoyed the group rides, culture, and attention I got with the Harley's. I was also much younger when I bought it (31).....and the ladies at the bars were MUCH more interested in going on Harley rides than my "old man" Goldwing's that I had previously owned. I also sold it 5 years later for the same thing I paid for it which was VERY nice. The 2008 Street Glide gave me some problems as well. Oil would come out air cleaner after riding for a couple hours at around 80 mph. This happened to me 3 times and the dealership could find no problems with it when I took it in! I sold it so I could buy a house and didn't have a bike for 4 years. When the F6B came out I fell in love and knew I had to have one.

I got my F6B Deluxe last month and have put about 300 miles on it. There is no comparison to the ride, handling, and power. The Electra Glide rental felt sloppy, top heavy, sluggish, and brakes were terrible. (rotors felt warped..which may have been due to being ridden hard as a rental). I'm done with Harleys.....especially after riding the F6B. The only mod I have planned right now is to install the 18" tinted F4 Customs windshield which is coming on TODAY! Yeah..I wish it had cruise control but that wasn't a show stopper for me. My wife says she enjoys riding on it more than any other bike she's been on. The F6B power and handling are shocking for a bike it's size. I don't like it being limited to 125mph, but that's probably a good thing for me.

If you were to ask me....pass on the Harley and go get an F6B. You will not be disappointed.

I just got my March copy of Motorcyclist mag...Read article on page 77 near the end of mag...Advise is buy the 2014 as the new Mt. Rushmore models may have a very negative effect on re-sale/trade of older models including the 2013's....Just a thought!!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    If it's what you want, DO IT!!!

DISCLAIMER: I've never owned HD.

Some of the things I would like about HD would be the HUGE aftermarket choices for absolutely everything (I like to tinker!)

They sound pretty good!

NICE paint!!!

I believe the 'Rushmore' bikes include some real improvements. Good to see HD 'bringing their game' up a bit!

Some of the things I would most likely not like about HD:

Last bike (Yami Stratoliner) was air cooled,,, Nothing like going for a ride on a HOT day, then,, when your getting close to home, you have to sit and roast yer ballz off at the stoplights or in traffic,,, Total buzz-kill. Fuel stops are similar,,, Once you quit moving you can't wait to get off that 'stove' as the heat waft's up from below,,, Now, this may actually be a GOOD thing in Canada, but certainly not desirable here in Texas!!!!

Overall size. I'm 'oversized' and the HD's just feel 'small'. I know lotsa folks bigger than me ride 'em, so this would just be my own 'mental evaluation'

Some of the things I do not like about the HD's I've briefly ridden:

Shakin,,,,, WTF is up with all that shaking??? The few rubber-mounted HD's I've ridden are paint-shakers at the stop-lights and at lower RPM's. Yes, they smooth out eventually, but the last HD I test rode was a CVO Road King,, Below 3,000 rpm, the friggin windshield shook like Politician on Judgment Day!!! Absolute crap considering what it cost!!! Maybe in the 'old days' all that shakin' made folks think it was "fast"? Sorry, just can't wrap me head around that 'feature', or why it hasn't been ~reduced/eliminated~ like every other MC manufacturer has done with their touring bikes.

With that being said,,, The flat 6 is almost too smooth!!! I've NEVER came so close to falling asleep on a MC as I have on my 6!

Anywho,,, We each have different measure's of 'value',,, Doesn't really matter what others say,,,, Go with what YOU want!!